Ben Ledi Area

Can anyone that knows the area around Ben Ledi near Callander drop me a PM?

I have been up the hill several times but that was when I was a kid and several years ago. I am looking to spend a night up there in the coming weeks but since I was there a while ago I do not know how good the woods are for pitching up in if they still exist

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Can anyone that knows the area around Ben Ledi near Callander drop me a PM?

I have been up the hill several times but that was when I was a kid and several years ago. I am looking to spend a night up there in the coming weeks but since I was there a while ago I do not know how good the woods are for pitching up in if they still exist

The woods between the carpark and the summit are still there although lower down there are many log cabins. Stuck Glen is still forrested and has a good path most of the way into the Corrie.

Nick

Good that they are still there. I remember when I was last up they had felled the trees at the back end of the summit. I think that was coming down through the Corrie.

Do you know if the forest is tightly packed or if it is quite open?
Also any advice on what areas to go or avoid (other than the log cabins), I noticed from the OS map that there is a deciduous mixed woodland to the south of the car park.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE