Belt kit

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Hello, I am looking to put together a belt kit, i have an idea of what i want in it but also want to get some advice, i have researched it but would like you guys and girls input! :)
I have a knife, army utility pouch's and a army knife/torch pouch at the moment but i am looking for a pouch for the crusader bottle and cup, any for sale/swap or links? :D

Also what i want in the kit so far is...
Knife
pouch with nato bottle and crusader mug with some puritabs
fire steel, tinder and lighter for back-up
titanium spork
whistle
torch
DC4
Maybe a swiss army knife
cordage
first aid kit
and a bandanna :)
also will fill empty space or utility pouch with food and coffee

anything to add/remove?

Thank you :D

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Plenty to choose from on ebay

As for anything else, best thing to do is get out and use what you have, and when you find a need for something you haven't got, add that to your next shopping list - at least I find that works for me.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Thanks for the link mate :)

I have used all the kit i have in the list but i am off up to snowdonia national park tomorrow so wouldn't have time to test things out untill next weekend so was looking for advice :D

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I subscribed to Paul Kirtleys news letter but i have never seen the first aid pouch, im going to read it later on after i finished packing:D
Thank you :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
dang i was going to recommend you look at mr kirtley's blog
have a long think about how much you want to hang round your stomach its not in my opinion the most comfortable way of carrying heavy loads

My master plan was to keep all the pouches on my pack (molle) and just wear my belt and when i find a spot, drop my pack and put the pouches onto my belt. The reason i want to do this is last time i left all my kit it was stolen and i would hate that to happen again but if it did i would still have some kit.. :)

Not so good master plan...?:p

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...have a long think about how much you want to hang round your stomach its not in my opinion the most comfortable way of carrying heavy loads..."

"...Not so good master plan...?:p..."

I do hang things from my belt, but I wouldn't want to hang too much from there, especially if I was off for a longer walk. Have you thought about using a smaller day pack or shoulder bag? That said, most of the gear in my shoulder bag could be attached to my belt if needed, which makes things a little more versatile I suppose. :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Beenn,
there doesn't look to be enough on your list to warrant a belt kit as such - your water bottle could sit in a shoulder sling and the rest should pretty much fit into your pockets.

The Pathfinder haversack is nothing overly special, half a yard of canvass and half an hour with a needle should bring something equally useful into being - but there are plenty of alternatives.

Let us know what you end up with - mine is half an old leather satchel!

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE