Bell Tent coir matting bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Hey peeps,

I've recently bought a canvas bell tent with full moon (2 x 1/2 moon) coir matting, however the latter came without a bag.

Any suggestions (with links if poss) for where I can get a suitable bag to house the matting?

If there's nothing off the shelf, then any advice about material to make a bag (or two, if need be)?

Thanks

Chris

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Bell Tent Boutique or Boutique Tents, both do canvas tent bags at reasonable prices that would work.
Blacks of Greenock do large polypropylene bags too.

Last edited:
Reactions: cwillson

birchwood

Nomad
Sep 6, 2011
Kent
Ask your local sailmaker to make a bag or for a sailbag.
To make a bag buy some sailbag nylon material, cordura, poly cotton canvas or top gun.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Hey peeps,

I've recently bought a canvas bell tent with full moon (2 x 1/2 moon) coir matting, however the latter came without a bag.

Any suggestions (with links if poss) for where I can get a suitable bag to house the matting?

If there's nothing off the shelf, then any advice about material to make a bag (or two, if need be)?

Thanks

Chris
Mine doesn’t have a bag, I just roll it up and tie some cord around it. The shape doesn’t lend itself to a cylindrical bag.

I wonder why you bought two? They’re uncomfortable to sit on, I wouldn’t want the whole floor area to be coir mat. We use one either indoors or out the front depending on the weather and put rugs down on the rest of the floor.

Sailcloth or old canvas tarp material is the best suggestion I can come up with.

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Mine doesn’t have a bag, I just roll it up and tie some cord around it. The shape doesn’t lend itself to a cylindrical bag.

I wonder why you bought two? They’re uncomfortable to sit on, I wouldn’t want the whole floor area to be coir mat. We use one either indoors or out the front depending on the weather and put rugs down on the rest of the floor.

Sailcloth or old canvas tarp material is the best suggestion I can come up with.
Hmmm, I bought two as I figured a full moon would make a tough base that I could then put rugs on. I may live to regret it I guess, but nothing ventured nothing gained etc!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

cwillson

Forager
Jul 14, 2007
Cotswolds
Bell Tent Boutique or Boutique Tents, both do canvas tent bags at reasonable prices that would work.
Blacks of Greenock do large polypropylene bags too.

Nice thanks. Will check them out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Laurence Milton

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE