Belarus: The best wild camping locations

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
Can anybody give locations that they would rate as the best wild camping in Belarus? If possible, can you provide lat/log ref's so that a Google Earth database can be established. Many thanks. :thankyou:

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
The forest area surrounding Novogrudok (53° 35′ 0″ N, 25° 49′ 0″ E) was the area that Ray Mears visited in Belarus from his extreme Survival series.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
I am not to sure. I would have thought there would not be an issue with wild camping due to the sheer size of the area although I expect that areas of historical interest may be off limits. I know they are separate countries but when I visited Poland, many of the military training areas where littered with civilians, many of whom were camped out whilst indulging in a spot of extreme mushroom picking.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Cool, I'm interested to see what other countries laws are regarding wild camping, we all know of the great freedoms(with responsibility's) they have in Scandinavian countries, I wonder if others have the same, like we do here in Scotland.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
Hopefully, people in the know, will post this type of information on here. Other then that, other website and embassies may be a useful point of contact.

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
I would have to question the wisdom of creating a database with this sort of info on it, most wild places are good for a reason, in that not many people know about them or visit them. By creating a database you are inviting the area to be more frequented by others, possibly whom may not treat the land very well. But then, I'm a cynical sod.

Extreme Pilgrim

Forager
Aug 27, 2010
UK
I agree with you there Nag, I would hate to turn up a a favourite hide away, here or abroad to find a couple of chumps camp out there.

Fair enough but there may be people out there that do want to pass on there information especially as in a foreign location as you are unlikely to be jetting off to foreign climes on a frequent basis unless you are some modern day Alan Whicker :fishing:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE