Beech Spoon

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Finished off a beech spoon i started last week on the bimble with Hugo & Rockmoney, i did all of the rough carving whilst out in the woods and finished it off this afternoon

The roughed out spoon

DSCN7388.jpg

and the finished spoon, went for tooled finish and also changed the decoration on the top of the handle.

DSCN7550.jpg

DSCN7521.jpg

DSCN7520.jpg

DSCN7551.jpg

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
cheers mate, hopefully doing some more tomorrow, got a couple of great pieces of Beech i foraged last week to use

NoName

Settler
Apr 9, 2012
thats tight! I wish I could work with more patience and be more neatly... :)

well done!

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
So, where can I get one of these trained wood-carving beavers that you use, Mark?

They're obviously more talented than I am.

:lmao:, takes years of training to get them to do the job just right, the ones that dont make it, well see RM's America Episode with Jake the Trapper and Beaver Stew.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I find when carving spoons in the woods, the roughing out goes well but sometimes the tooled finish is not so good, I think this is down to the knife being not so sharp as it would when carving at home where it would be stropped a few times.
This week Mark if all goes to plan, I am taking a couple of my newly made knives to use knowing they are razor sharp, got to try and keep up with your output. :lmao:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I find when carving spoons in the woods, the roughing out goes well but sometimes the tooled finish is not so good, I think this is down to the knife being not so sharp as it would when carving at home where it would be stropped a few times.
This week Mark if all goes to plan, I am taking a couple of my newly made knives to use knowing they are razor sharp, got to try and keep up with your output. :lmao:

Sounds good matey, look forward to seeing these new ones and of ocurse giving them a go:), all you have to remember though Hugo is "Bold Strokes, Bold Strokes"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE