Beech Serving Spoon

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Knocked up a serving spoon out of a piece of Beech earlier today, most of the work was done with the axe initially, with just the hollowing and fine shaping work being done with more refined tools.

DSCN0130.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

I was going to try and sell this one once it had dried and the final refining had been done, but it's been collared by my parents, as they think it will go well with some of the other wooden items we use on the Christmas table and it matches the Beech cabinets in the kitchen, still some way to go on it before it finished though

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
Nice work mate, as always!
Nice pattern to that beech!
No bushcrafting the last week or two for me as been busy.
Got operation on my hand Monday, so could be out of action for a while, other than bimbles!:p

RM

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers peeps.

@Toddy - yup those knots were a pain, but worth the effort for the aesthetic appeal they give

@RM - Good luck for Monday, as long as you can stil make tea we should be ok, gonna be a fun bimble this week, me with my crook knee, Hugo with his damaged calf muscle and you one handed - again:lmao:

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Could be worse Kepis, he might offer to make us pancakes, remember last time he made them.
Nice spoon, no sanding I notice. :)

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers Mike, the logs really are that colour, the only thing ive done to the photo is to resize it & sharpen it up a tad

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE