Beaver Bushcraft (Shark Designs)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mark Hordon

Apr 12, 2019
Snodland
Hi Chris, I'm very new to Forums and I don't know how they work :) I just replied to the lovely comments I had seen on here like I would if I was on Facebook !!! I saw the tread that a person called Andy had started and I wanted to put the case straight as we never received any emails from him :) Have I broken some rules???? Very sorry buddy, but like I said I don't know who these Forums work lol. Only joined as I saw someone called Andy had mentioned us in a tread and I wanted to re assure him that we are not like that!!! Mark @ BB

Reactions: Janne

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Mark, just tap on the ‘reply’ button ( lower right corner if the post you want to reply to) then write your answer.
All in one post!
Try it now.

Andylaser, if I do not get a reply from a company within a couple of days, I lift the phone and call them.
Somehow I find if ‘not so nice’ to tell the World about a communication problem that can in fact be your fault!

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Hi Chris, I'm very new to Forums and I don't know how they work :) I just replied to the lovely comments I had seen on here like I would if I was on Facebook !!! I saw the tread that a person called Andy had started and I wanted to put the case straight as we never received any emails from him :) Have I broken some rules???? Very sorry buddy, but like I said I don't know who these Forums work lol. Only joined as I saw someone called Andy had mentioned us in a tread and I wanted to re assure him that we are not like that!!! Mark @ BB

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Mark,
No rules broken. Along with dealing with spammers:ar15:, deleting obscenities :censored: and managing miscreants :slap:, :rolleyes3:, mods also try to keep the forum tidy and help folk post clearly and in the right place. Makes info easier to find and understand when there is a certain commonality and order :borg2:, which is good for everyone. :bigok:

I think I have replicated what you are doing. I think you are hitting "Reply" button at the bottom right of the post you are replying to, then hitting the blue "Post Reply" button, then typing a reply in the text field at the end of the thread, and hitting the blue "Post Reply" button again.

No need to do all that "replying". Two button presses only, and that is ONLY if you want to have a quote of the person you are replying to, which is sometimes useful, but far from necessary. So, if you want to post, just go to the end of the thread, type, and hit the blue "Post Reply" button. The field for you to make a post in is always open, you don't have to prime it by clicking anything before you start typing.

If you want to quote the person you are replying to, for instance, if you are responding to a question that appears earlier in the thread and there have been other people posting since then, do as Janne says, hit the "Reply" button at the bottom right of the person's post, this will bring a copy of their post into the typing box at the end of the thread and package it in a Quote Box. All automatic. Then just type your message above or below theirs in the typing box and hit the blue Post Reply.

ATB

Chris

Last edited:

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Chris, maybe this question should be somewhere else, but it can help.

When I reply and ‘quote’, the quote is truncated, just as the ‘quotes’ on this thread.
Most of the times the quote function is used to answer, but the truncation makes the original (quoted) post so you can not see the question I am answering.

Is there a way to bypass the truncation?

( I hope I make sense with the above?)

Reactions: Mark Hordon

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Chris.....
Is there a way to bypass the truncation?

As Broch says, just delete the parts of the quote you don't want. There isn't a way for users to bypass how the software displays long quotes. Probably a good thing, on balance.

Sorry about the thread hijack. Back to discussing Shark Designs....

Reactions: Janne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE