Beach 2-1-2012 - pics

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Took the boys down to the Beach at Shoreham this afternoon for a few hours to blow some of the cobwebs away and see what we could find, there was a bit of breeze blowing in which, combined with a low tide, gave us some nice opportunities for some big waves as we approached the harbour arm, some of which were spectacular as the waves bounced back off the wall and into the nice southwesterly.

DSCN1819ir.jpg

DSCN1820ir.jpg

DSCN1822ir.jpg

DSCN1834ir.jpg

DSCN1825ir.jpg

DSCN1890ir.jpg

DSCN1862ir.jpg

DSCN1843ir.jpg

DSCN1872ir.jpg

DSCN1871ir.jpg

DSCN1878irc.jpg

We did a bit of beachcombing while we were there, not much to be had, but i did find a couple of nice pebbles with depressions in them that i can use for a bearing block on the bow drill, also found loads of Slipper Limpets, Mussels, Mermaids Purses, Sponges, Whelk egg cases etc that had been washed up.

I might go back down there on Wednesday as we are supposed get a really good blow from the SW tomorrow and it should bring all sorts of goodies up on the shore

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Nice pics Kepis , i am lucky enough to be able to get off my bum and make the effort to do what you do , i really must gen up on photography and uploading , because its obvious we all love looking at our trips out .

Thanks for sharing as usual .

Ivan..

( note to self , take pics , learn to share ! )

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers Ivan, yep, get loads of pics of Dartmoor and the surrounding area up on here, ive spent quite a bit of time down there in the past but have not been on the Moor (proper) for some time now, really must make the effort to head down that way again

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Well Kepis if you find a window in 2012 to wend your way to Dartmoor , give me a shout as you and your family would be more than welcome to spend a few days down here at my site (gratis ) it literally borders the open moor , open the gate from my land and there it is 368 square miles of ruggedness and beauty.

Atb Ivan...

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Well Kepis if you find a window in 2012 to wend your way to Dartmoor , give me a shout as you and your family would be more than welcome to spend a few days down here at my site (gratis ) it literally borders the open moor , open the gate from my land and there it is 368 square miles of ruggedness and beauty.

Atb Ivan...

Thanks Ivan, appreciate it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE