BDH bottle / Rocket tubes

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickliv

Settler
Oct 2, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I had a big black waterproof container years ago, used it as an emergency stash of grub, candles, small hand tools and screws and nails etc at our bothy on honister years ago.

I was up there last weekend and sadly there's been a rock fall onto it and I think it's buried forever.

I've tried googling rocket tube but sadly it seems to be the name of an all gentleman gentleman's interest video website, and I suggest you simply take my word for this. nsfw

The bdh bottles which are available these days seem a bit too flimsy.

IIRC the thing came from caving supplies in Derbyshire but a similar product doesn't appear to be available.

Any ideas? I'm looking for a fairly large robust 100% watertight inert (I.e. non metallic) container to live in a hole with similar kit in to the one which got buried. It will be left up there from year to year, sometimes with 3 or 4 yrs between being opened.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Try schumule container, military use them but so do yachtsman, distress flares you may be able to pick one up from a chandlery .

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
maybe that would be safer for googling?
Depends on your point of view really... I'd rather a case of mild embarrassment for googling the wrong term than having the back door smashed in by special branch at 4am because they thought I might be a Terry Wrist...

Somehow "I'd like to buy some mortar tubes please Mr. Google" seems a very unsafe thing to search for :)

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
How about the big plastic tubs they sell body building supplements in? About an 8 to10 inch diameter and height, with about a 4 inch opening?

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE