BCUK Sussex Group meet for October: 18th/19th 2014 on D5: Pulled Pork Fest

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
Not going to be able to make this after all sadly, but hope to see lots of pics and to get along to another one before too long.

Cheers, Paul

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
Not going to make this one either, which is a bugger cos snow's on it's way soon.
Hey it'll soon be Christmas.

Slade.jpg

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I will be along aground 5pm today, with the chute & a bunch of dutch oven stuff. The next meet is booked in for November 22nd/23rd, with the christmas date to be arranged at this meet.
We will need a bunch of BBQ Briquettes as the Pork I did the other day took 4 changes of them to cook for the 5 hours it was on, but it was defiantly worth it. I will be having a go at bread & maybe cakes if I get round to it, as I have thrown in some mixtures for these already. We can cut up the pork into pieces if it is too big for the ovens, as it cooks better in medium sized chunks (4"-5" cubed with the rind off) in my limited experience. Will see you soon. Dave

Last edited:

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
What a great meet this one turned out to be, with the best food ever. We had:

- 8 hour cooked Dutch Oven Pulled Pork that fell off the bone and tasted fantastic
- bread with currents
- Cake for afternoon tea
- Joe's Orange Supercakes as in Oranges scoped out with a fork, the juicy bits added to a chocolate cake mike & then put back in the empty orange halves, filled halfway with mixture, add the top half, wrap in tin foil twice & cook on the embers. Very good

Thanks to all those who came. Next meet is 21st to 23rd of November.

I am thinking of booking the Xmas do on the 13th/14th of December, what do you think?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE