BcUK Photograph of 2019 Winning Photograph

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well it's been a long time coming and Beachlover who was the winner of the January heat has waited the longest but his patience paid off as his photograph has been voted the overall winner of this years competition :)

Congratulations to you Beachlover, it's a cracking photograph. In addition to winning the competition you also win a years free full membership to the forum and a t-shirt kindly donated by Tony. You also get to select the theme for next years photo competition.

For those of you who missed it here's the winning photograph.

January heat winner and 2019 BCUK photograph of the year winner.
Taken by Beachlover and titled 'January Sunrise'
fullsizeoutput-165d.jpg

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Thanks folks and thanks to all who voted and took part through the year, as well as to @Mesquite for keeping this going for yet another year. :)

This photo is special as it was taken in the days following the death of my best friend when I was grieving, still struggling to sleep, regularly out before first light walking his (now my) dog and looking for some consolation. This beautiful sunrise brought home the natural cycle of things and the transient nature of our time here.
That others saw some of that beauty when voting for it makes it a little more special - thank you. :)

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Thanks folks and thanks to all who voted and took part through the year, as well as to @Mesquite for keeping this going for yet another year. :)

This photo is special as it was taken in the days following the death of my best friend when I was grieving, still struggling to sleep, regularly out before first light walking his (now my) dog and looking for some consolation. This beautiful sunrise brought home the natural cycle of things and the transient nature of our time here.
That others saw some of that beauty when voting for it makes it a little more special - thank you. :)
Amazing photo, and the story behind it, enhances it all the more so. Thank you for sharing this moment with us all here.

Merry Christmas in advance and the joys and refresh promise of a new year are yet to come.

Reactions: beachlover

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Well deserved Kev! - a cracking shot and with the back story, even more atmospheric if that's possible!

Reactions: beachlover

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE