BcUK Photograph of 2018 Competition Organisers Favourite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
T'is time to announce my personal favourite picture from all the entries in the 2018 photography competition.

As usual it's an extremely hard decision for me to make with there being so many stunning entries to chose from.

Anyway I'm pleased to say that Gccoka with his entry in the January heat titled 'That time on top of the Caucasus' is my favourite shot of the year.

For those of you who don't remember it or missed seeing it here it is

24eabd70b21c.jpg

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Forgot to mention it , received an amazing gift for winning this , im over the sky with happiness, thanks you very much Mesquite
Guys if you don't participate in the every month contest you are missing a lot make sure to keep those pictures flying in

Reactions: Ruud

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Excellent choice and well done @Gcckoka :)
Thanks it was the hardest walks in my life to get u there , 3 days , 50km or so to walk , first day elevation from 500m to 2500m in just 10km that was very hard but the hardest was third day going down from 3000m elevation down to 500m in 18km, I barely made it , last 5ish km I lost control on my leg muscles , i couldn't bend them , plus back started to hurt very bad as I have scoliosis and I am not allowed to carry heavy loads , yeah that's what she said , I had 15kg on my back on that day, plus my boot soles came off and plus we where out of water , but we are mountain people , we never give up :) in the end in a few days I realized how awesome thing I have done and how beautiful it actually was , I even have a trip report here as I remember

Reactions: Ruud and beachlover

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Thanks it was the hardest walks in my life to get u there , 3 days , 50km or so to walk , first day elevation from 500m to 2500m in just 10km that was very hard but the hardest was third day going down from 3000m elevation down to 500m in 18km, I barely made it , last 5ish km I lost control on my leg muscles , i couldn't bend them , plus back started to hurt very bad as I have scoliosis and I am not allowed to carry heavy loads , yeah that's what she said , I had 15kg on my back on that day, plus my boot soles came off and plus we where out of water , but we are mountain people , we never give up :) in the end in a few days I realized how awesome thing I have done and how beautiful it actually was , I even have a trip report here as I remember

I've often thought that just seeing a photo, regardless of it's perceived quality, is often poorer for not knowing the backstory to the image and the personal significance to the photographer, so thanks for filling in the gap and the "well done" is even more apposite. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE