BCB Lifeboat source?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Reminder!- I’m in California.
1973 Kodiak Alaska. I’m issued
Arctic gear including two vials of NATO Survival matches/ British Lifeboats. Two became twenty as people couldn’t figure out the NEVER MENTIONED method of lighting the things. Shipmates tossed them for ‘ trusted’ Zippo lighters.’
I fell in love with them, still have a few vials of BCBs from a UK EBAY
Seller.
Ready sources have vanished. US retailers want $9.50 USD for ONE vial AND shipping!
Any UK dealers who ship overseas?

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Thankyou all! I know Andy at 5col and his prices doubled. UCO is a very popular knockoff AND made in the PRC. Thankyou for the offer T. But shipping and payment would be a issue. I’m also battling a PAYPAL nightmare.
I will contact the UK dealer.
The stubborn criteria is; After a half century using BCBs it would be like changing my single malt, shaving with a electric razor or tying a Windsor knot. I am also one of the few who have used a lifeboat match on a lifeboat!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Prudent.

But they are really only for emergencies or impressing pyromaniac kids.

If its wet I use my waterproof matches.

Ive never used a lifeboat match in anger.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Ahhhh. But fun is encountering a new Bushcrafter all of 18 years.
He knows Mors Kochanski, has a paracord bracelet, burnished brass and leather survival belt and wool Anorak.
Oh, and it’s summer under the Hollywood Sign and he can’t see the mountain lion crouched in the khaki colored grass.
I then have to look on as he shows the pathetic heirs of the Sierra Club
The manly art of a ferro rod.
It is SO much evilly delicious fun handing a lifeboat and striker to him,

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
UCO matches are made in India, by the Hind Matches Private Limited company.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I probably thought of another knock off. Bottom line? In Southern California we are blessed with a ‘moveable feast’ of food, music, holidays and stunning women. And
Sadly a bit of reverse discrimination
To ‘tired old white guys’ personally responsible for the worlds ills.
I get weary of telling a recent immigrante a ancestors name is on
The San Patricio memorial in revolutionary square. It’s fun to use
a hand dipped BCB to light a hand dipped beeswax candle and imagine who made both,

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
I meant varnished. Such controversy buying British and helping YOUr economy and not another’s.
I should have dropped over to the 7-11 convenience store, grabbed a mess of BIC lighters along with a
Vanilla Coke, frozen beef and bean burrito ( microwave on hand) and a
Milky Way candy bar.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If you buy a Bic lighter you help the French economy, and they need that for sure. Yours should be rather US made though.

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
According to Medvedeadhead France and the UK will go to war next.
I’m not sure I want to finance any special military operations to liberate Normandy with anti Longbow air defense systems
Mounted on Citroen 2CVs

Reactions: Erbswurst

Kav

Nomad
Mar 28, 2021
California
Matt! Hello, I still refer people to your Polish Palatka tutorial as the Bible.
I’m stubborn and after a lifetime
Prefer my old Lifeboats.
I had a friend, riding instructor. I went to his home and saw a Polish Lance with guideon hung behind the couch.
Frederick!? You were there? YES,
We charged and then saw the Panzers. We were just trying to get the hell out of there. I rode to my family home and hid everything in the attic. - and avoid the katyn forest as an officer. He got to England , returned to communism and emigrated here.
So yes, my lance is a BCB and not a panzer!

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE