Bark River Aurora for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Bark River Aurora in black micarta.

The knife is A2 tool steel, 9.5" long with a 4.5" blade. The blade is flat ground with a gentle convex secondary.

It is 0.17" (4.3mm) thick on the spine

List price of knife £186.95 on Heinnie

http://www.heinnie.com/Xhxip9659/Knives/Bark-River/Bark-River-Aurora/p-92-107-3854/

This is the knife in original sheath

3663006373_0767d2e158_o.jpg

And out of the sheath

3663005535_1d46362758_o.jpg

Lovely knife...the sheath is not what it deserves :lol

Worry not. Check out the custom, double dangler, affter market sheath (by Topknot no less)

3663007717_040ba37e58_o.jpg

3663008433_bf82369eb7_o.jpg

You get the knife and both sheaths.

The knife has been lightly used and sharpened, It has been rubbed down with 00000 wire wool and acid dipped to create the grey patina (avoids future rust problems). This removes the original painted on BRKT logo - but gives a more stain resistant knife.

There are no dents, batoning marks, edge chips or any damage.

Price?

Well It would cost over £200 with the custom sheath

Shall we say £100 delivered including both sheaths?.

First to post on here gets it....PayPal only (as a gift.& you pay commission please)

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
That BRKT sheath is rotten! None of their knives come with a decent sheath, they may as well send them without one and I'd just carry the knife in my teeth! b Walkabout, the fellah you want to speak to for a sheath like that is Topknot, who is a member here. I also have one of his sheaths that looks very similar to that tooling wise for my F1 (A knife Red adores!) which he knocked up inside a week and had it back with me. His work is great.

Best of luck with the sale Red!

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
Will someone please buy this for the love of all things good! Gah go on then I'll take this please Red :) I was sure it would have went by now.

Tom

pm inbound.

excellent bargain. I was tempted but i am saving for a bernie and the convex bevel bit at the moment is beyond my sharpening kung fu.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
excellent bargain. I was tempted but i am saving for a bernie and the convex bevel bit at the moment is beyond my sharpening kung fu.

With all the lovely bargain sharps floating around at the moment, it was only a matter of time before I rationalised the purchas - I honestly thought his would have been snapped up and therefore I would have no decision to make.

I agree about the convex but shall see if my patience stands up to it - if not it may end up being a full flat :rolleyes::rolleyes: but that would be a shame and admission of defeat!

Seeing as all my sharpening is done on waterstones I'm wondering if this would be easier on a mouse mat but all this is half the fun of a new knife. OOh so excited. Will have to have a little clearout of gear now to justify my new toys.

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Arrived this AM, very happy with it, feels great in the hand and the topknot special is well... a bit special :)

Will have a proper play over the weekend.

Cheers again
Tom

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE