Bargain Cooker No. 12 on fleabay

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Not mine etc. but I just came across this poorly listed Cooker No. 12 with a buy-it-now price half the going rate.

I'd have it myself at that price if I hadn't already got one. Actually I'm getting shot of mine as I can't stand the noise they make. If anyone here does go for this consider getting some ear defenders as well, I kid you not..

Item no 251186177189.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
You can fit a silent burner off a 111T to a No 12, takes a bit of work but at least one of the stovies over on spiritburner have done it.

I use the square pans of the No2 sets and they seem to squash the sound down, plus its not that loud when simmering IMHO.

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Thanks for that. As it happens I also have a Hiker/111T and simply used that instead of the No 12 ! The case of the No12 is great though with the built-in windbreak, if I'd had a spare 111T burner I might be tempted to do the mod.

Anyway, they're both going now as I got one of the Swedish 10-man cooksets off fleabay, which came with a new 111. Another random recent find was a Centreforge CF82, which is a 111T tank/burner in a squaddy-proof metal case a bit like a No. 2. I'd not seen one before and just had to have it, cos I like the 111T burner so much, and the case is green ! Listed as a petrol stove, but form what I can see the burner should run on kerosene (my preference) as well.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I got a CF82 a couple of three years ago, three of us from CCS got them, they were a prototype for the army which fell through but IIRC the chap at Centreforge told me they had sold a load to the Indian army. Its got the 111T burner and safety valve so you can burn Coleman in them so long as either the G (gasoline) or M (multifuel) jet is fitted (paraffin/Coleman). Get a restrictor tube and you can run them on meths/methanol. All the army 111T's I've had had the M jet fitted as standard.

The 10 man kits were good deals I know me and Cliff got one each and Bimlio may have but not sure about him.

charliefoxtrot

Sep 9, 2011
North Lancs, UK.
Thanks, all good info ! Aye, I was well chuffed to come across the 10-man cookset. I'd been aware of them for a while, and seen a posts here and there showing several different versions. Mine is the one in the wooden case with the little compartment in the top for the stove.

It was a total fluke, as I was literally just about to start building a custom wooden crate to cart my pots, kettle and so on about, and this thing pops up on the bay with a bearable buy-it-now price. Job done ! So I get all this nice old retro gear which will suit my basecamp nicely.

I still haven't figured out what the massive 5 litre billy can is for though, any ideas ? Know any good Swedish recipes ?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I suppose feeding ten troops in freezing weather means lots of one pot meals, stew etc. Truth be told, I've not even lit the stove from mine yet:( I will get round to it sooner or later...more than likely at a family glamp next year; the wife lets me take one of my stoves along to keep me happy lol. I'm no longer actively collecting stoves but seem to be going through a period where I'm getting them from here and there without looking for them; daughter got me a nice little 210 from a boot sale in Cardiff only last week for £4 and I was given a Primus No1 (1935 or 36) from an old nursing chum on Friday :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE