Barbour Beaufort Swap (38 for 36 ?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Deepest Darkest Derbyshire
Hi All,

Despite stuffing my grid with cake, pies, guiness and snake-ers over the last few months I still can’t wear this jacket without feeling like I have room for the population of a small central american republic inside. It’s a used Barbour Beaufort, a classic country waxed jacket. The size is a C38/97cm

It has studs for an optional hood, an interactive fit for a liner, two hand warmer pockets and two bellows studded pockets, also a napoleon style pocket just inside the press studs but outside the zip. It also has the double zipped full width poachers stash pocket on the derriere. It has a cordouroy collar. There is a slight nick on the underside of one arm as can be seen on the pics which doesn’t affect the waterproofness and use of the jacket as it is in a non critical area rainwise. All studs and zips are heavy duty and function perfectly and it is as would be expected completely waterproof. I also recently re proofed it with a couple of tins of the barbour wax. Good used condition overall.

Made from 6oz ( medium weight ) thornproof waxed cotton with a barbour tartan lining.

I’m after something similar in small, a barbour if possible but doesn’t have to be a beaufort, which I think would be barbour size 36/??cm, but don’t quote me on that. I can put some cash into the swap if you feel you have extra value in your jacket.

BarbourBeaufortc38x97003_zpse7778b21.jpg

BarbourBeaufortc38x97013_zps1bbb760c.jpg

BarbourBeaufortc38x97009_zps649f54f9.jpg

BarbourBeaufortc38x97006_zpsde456273.jpg

Here’s hoping , Cheers, Sp !

PS; Shed not included
smile.png

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Hello mate, I've a used Northumbrian. It's a 38 but the sizes for old Barbours are for 'guidance'!! I'll measure it if you're interested as it's a bit tight across the shoulders for me. Cheers

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Hello mate, I've a used Northumbrian. It's a 38 but the sizes for old Barbours are for 'guidance'!! I'll measure it if you're interested as it's a bit tight across the shoulders for me. Cheers

Hi,

That sounds a bit nearer the mark, I'd be interested in the measurements if you have them. For info I just measured my Beafort and the "Scores on the Doors" are

Pit to Pit 22"
Arm Length (Pit to end of Sleeve) 20"
Length ( Base of collar to Hem ) 31.5"

I reckon something with about a 20 to 21" Pit to Pit would suit me probably

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Hi Again,

No further word on the above so still up for trades, could also be interested in a pile shirt, as the one I use at the mo is so old and rough it's like strapping doormats to your upper body and arms,

Cheers :) , Sp

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Hi Again All,

This is still sat in the wardrobe, so I'm still if possible after a trade for either a small Barbour or a small pile or belay type insulated jacket, but would prefer a Barbour :) , as above Pit to Pit to fit my frame would need to be about 20 to 21"

Cheers, Sp ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE