Barbed flint arrow heads. Any knappers out there?

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Ayup all,

I am after some of the above to put together a nice display set for the house. That and have a play.
Anyone out there knapping more than they need? Sure i can come up with something to trade or coin of the realm.

Cheers,

Leon.

Paul W

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 5, 2005
SE London
By Barbed do you mean British Neolithic/Bronze Age Barbed and Tanged Arrowheads (as picture below). If so to make to a display standard, they're extremely difficult to make, I've made quite a few but they go straight to my display case as in view of the effort not being worth any realistic sale price. John Lord sells them for £15 each, a fair price for the effort, I don't know if he sells many at that price.

5573180395_d9b2edaed7.jpg

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
By Barbed do you mean British Neolithic/Bronze Age Barbed and Tanged Arrowheads (as picture below). If so to make to a display standard, they're extremely difficult to make, I've made quite a few but they go straight to my display case as in view of the effort not being worth any realistic sale price. John Lord sells them for £15 each, a fair price for the effort, I don't know if he sells many at that price.

5573180395_d9b2edaed7.jpg

It is the bronze/neo i was after thanks yes.
I have had a play with knapping so have some idea of the work that goes into one so the price does not seem that far fetched at all.
I am after making two arrows to go with the bone tipped ones I have.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE