Bank Holiday Lake District Walking Area Ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Sudden urge to leave my home patch for a Sunday walk in the lakes. Now I know Arnside and Silverdale AONB, where I live, is a very nice area and it makes sense on a busy Bank Holiday weekend at the end of the school summer holidays. It's just I've not left the patch for a walk out since moving in here in March! I've got travel itch!

So is there any places in the lakes or around the lakes that's nice but quiet to walk in and to get to? Used to say the Howgills, where I'm from, virtually any edges of the lake District apart from penrith to Keswick corridor, south lakes, near kendal and a few other which are often busy too. I am a bit out of date with the busy times in the Lakes. I used to know the quiet BH August spots but the old ones were getting busy when I used to be a lakes regular.

So is there anywhere looking like the Lakes that's quiet to reach and walk in? Not a long walk about 3 to 4 hours and 5 to 6 miles as our 8yo now complains about more even though he did more when 4 and 5. I suspect the area had changed since I was a regular and with cover staycations I suspect its only got worse!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE