Baker Tent or similar

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
I am looking for a baker tent or very similar, if any one has one they want rid of, has to be in very good cond, and flame retartent
Cheers
Bill

little_leaf177

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2011
Liverpeewwll
I was atte bushcraft how 2011, woke up and went for a jog at sunrise, I can still picture it now... I seen a baker tent (or similar) with Windermere in the background with a morning mist on the lake with fells peaking over the mist... It screamed tranquility (even though there was hundreds of people sound asleep) I had an awesome picture but ee swapped the phone on me :((
Sorry it's no review of the tent but they are a delight to the ye in the right scenario...

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I would love a baker tent. Again no help to th OP.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

tamoko

Jun 28, 2009
Zuerich
bushcraftru.com

Moosemap

Sep 7, 2007
Kumberg, Austria
www.karteundkanu.at
These are heavy and bulky, but with the sewn in floor and the netting and have the poles available

https://www.frostriver.com/shop/campfire-tent/

But, from my experience, I would go for the one made by canoemapscanada (Horizons unlimited), as they offer the whole package at a reasonable price and, what is great in my opinion, they found a way to make the poles into a package of about 50 to 60 cm (compared to the ones offered by Frost River with about one meter...)

I use one made from 8 oz cotton and I like it, but it is still a bit bulky and if you are alone, sometimes a bit tricky to set up...

Moosemap

Sep 7, 2007
Kumberg, Austria
www.karteundkanu.at
Bill Mason (book: Song of the Paddle) shows a way to sew it yourself, if you are able to put on a straight seam (or know somebody who does) and can get your hands on the right material... But, as I have neither, I was glad to have the work done...

Moosemap

Sep 7, 2007
Kumberg, Austria
www.karteundkanu.at
Rich, these are great little shelters and with the optional net inner tent also bugproof, but, they miss the possibility to stand up and just walk under the awning and into the sleeping compartment.

One option I found last year and have used a lot since is the Wild Country Etesian 4, though I had a seamstress add a full mosquito net at the door (only one third in the original design...) I can stand inside and it is really comfortable for two, a palace for one at under 8 kg incl. footprint. The color is a bit bright in the woods, though...

http://www.terra-nova.co.uk/tents-and-spares/all-tents/etesian-4-tent/

Regards.
Heinz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE