Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sorry if I'm throwing a spanner in the works here, but are these not the same bags as found on ebay (eg item number 120269792425).

From all the pictures and descriptions they appear to be very similar, and the ones on ebay are available for just under £9.00 each including shipping.

There are the 3 colours listed here plus a number of different camoflaged alternatives.

I've no link to the seller other than to have purchased one of their other bags in the past which was reasonable quality & build for the price.

I hope this is helpful and if it is the same item it saves you all some pennies.

Edit: This is no reflection on the offer made by Rapidboy (I can't compare source or product quality), simply sharing a deal on a similar item.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Yup, so much so that the chaps I was buying on behalf of have asked me not to, so I have to remove myself from the list.

Dean4442 - Green
a12jpm - black
Scally - green
Big Bad Stu - green
Bernie Garland - green
mayfly - green
shaggystu - green
shaggystu - brown
MagiKelly - Brown

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
the e-bay item does look remarkably similar, too similar for the likes of my accounts dept. bless her. so sorry rapidboy, but i've had to take my name off the list
cheers for the offer though

stuart

Dean4442 - Green
a12jpm - black
Scally - green
Big Bad Stu - green
Bernie Garland - green
mayfly - green
MagiKelly - Brown

D

Deleted member 4605

Does look like the same one.

It does. The only obvious difference I can see is on the black ones which have white stitching for some reason. I've seen similar to the one rapidboy shows (i.e. all black) elsewhere on eBay, but for a little bit more than the groupbuy price.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
It does. The only obvious difference I can see is on the black ones which have white stitching for some reason. I've seen similar to the one rapidboy shows (i.e. all black) elsewhere on eBay, but for a little bit more than the groupbuy price.

I bought one of the cheaper eBay ones in green, mine doesn't have the separator in the front pocket, has black zips, sliders and other fittings.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Sorry for the delay in posting, im just back from a few days away.
I have looked at the ebay bag and it looks to be exactly the same as the ones im getting.
These are selling at £20 in my mates shop and i am buying them at his cost price £15.28.
They are a good buy at this price but an absolute gift at the ebay price so no point continuing with the group buy.

I don't buy from chinese ebay sellers these days after i got messed around over an MP3 player and a watch on two different occasions but this seller has good feedback and at £9 you can't really go wrong, well worth a punt for a handy wee bag.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
And it twas appreciated but, my chaps said no, so no it was.

It's a problem with so many Chinese companies proliferating and selling their wares around and about.........all undercutting each other. I know of places I can get a TAD Gear Fast Pack copy for $135.00, Euro 100.00 and as low as £45.00 + post from HK........compare that to TAD's own price of $284.00 ish.

D

Deleted member 4605

I ordered one of the eBay ones (in Coyote Brown) on June 16th, and it arrived this morning. On first inspection it appears identical to the photos rapidboy posted. I paid a grand total (including delivery) of £9.49, and only had to wait 10 days.

One thing i don't like is the zipper pulls rattle, they rattle a lot so on my own bag i removed them.

I heard the rattle before I'd even opened the jiffy bag! The zip pulls won't last the morning.

I bought one of the cheaper eBay ones in green, mine doesn't have the separator in the front pocket, has black zips, sliders and other fittings.

This one had the same as rapidboy's - a single divider with with two small pockets on it.

Now to start packing it... :D

D

Deleted member 4605

I forgot to say...

Even though the group buy didn't prove feasible, many thanks to rapidboy for starting one and bringing these bags to our attention.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
I ordered one of the eBay ones (in Coyote Brown) on June 16th, and it arrived this morning. On first inspection it appears identical to the photos rapidboy posted. I paid a grand total (including delivery) of £9.49, and only had to wait 10 days.

I ordered a couple, arrived no probs. Happy, happy. Order has gone in for a second batch.

Same with the zip pulls, they are now gone.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
You guys were right, potman just delivered it this morning and I had two replies in my in box from him apologising for the delay and explaining why it was late.

So as you say a good guy to deal with and I am very happy with the bag.

As said before........... Now to fill it.:D

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Gents, a questions about the supplier, BidchartL it says he's in Australia, but I reckon he's in Hong Kong, correct?

And: I'm thinking about ordering 2 smaller packs and 1 backpack. Smaller packs: $ 9,- shipping. Bigger pack: $ 42,- (!!!!) shipping. Is there any point in reasoning with him to send all things in 1 box and thus pay only the $ 42,- ?

Also, does anyone have experience with this backpack, which must be a clone of something from Maxpedition or Snugpack - but I can't find it....

http://cgi.ebay.com/USMC-US-Army-Ta...52503QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

AS046.jpg

D

Deleted member 4605

Gents, a questions about the supplier, BidchartL it says he's in Australia, but I reckon he's in Hong Kong, correct?

Yes, my bag was delivered from Hong Kong.

And: I'm thinking about ordering 2 smaller packs and 1 backpack. Smaller packs: $ 9,- shipping. Bigger pack: $ 42,- (!!!!) shipping. Is there any point in reasoning with him to send all things in 1 box and thus pay only the $ 42,- ?

You'll need to ask him.

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Is there any point in reasoning with him to send all things in 1 box and thus pay only the $ 42,- ?

I asked and he only offered a 10% discount on postage...........so I have the items sent individually to negate the possibility of any tax & VAT.

A lot of the traders over there charge low prices and then make their profit on charging a higher postage cost. If you look at camera lenses from Hong Kong on ebay you will see some charge a low price and high postage and others charge a higher price and low postage........it all works out the same in the end.

Yes, he is in Honker's.

Greetz

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
Mmmm, sounds logical, though the bags are probably cheap because they still can produce....cheap ;-)

I worked in the toy industry for 3 years, so just by the way he typed and especially the font he used I thought....he ain't Australian. I guess they put that on eBay to make the search for ripoff items just that much harder.

Thanks for the tip on taxes and VAT as well - almost forgot about that. I'll ask him to ship the items as samples - no commercial value.

Thnaks gents. Any more info (ESPECIALLY ON THAT BACKPACK!) is welcome!

Tourist

Settler
Jun 15, 2007
Northants
Received the second lot of 2 bags today - took just about 10 days from placing the order. I checked them out, all seems fine no faults or snags, no duty to pay as the value was under the threshold, total price for each works out not much above £8.00.

By the way, I took a risk and ordered a black one even though on ebay it showed white stitching (the plan was to marker over the stitching) but today it arrived with nice black stitching.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE