Backwoodsman Course East Kilbride

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Eyup folks, me n swmbo are up in not so sunny East Kilbride for a weekend course with Backwoods Survival School.

We came up yesterday an had a neet in comfort at a not so cheap Inn. Good craic wi the locals in the pub opposite, an really helpful folk at this motel. Just had a decent breakfast afore we book out.

We're not due to meet Patrick & Co till this evening, so might have to have a mooch.

Forcast ain't good at all for this weekend, so I'm sure it's going to be testy. Guess who's Bivibag is knackered :banghead: so I'll be sleeping in an old basha with the studs fastened to make a Bivibag.

We're really looking forad to this.

Hopefully have a good ol tale or two after weekend...... Stay tuned pop pickers :D

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You're just up the road from me :)
I'm headed up there in a wee while to pick up my elderly Aunt from hospital, and I'd not long had a look out the door and thought miserable things about the weather. A shame, there's great views down over the valley from EK. Calderglen Country Park's a nice ramble, and they've got an indoor zoo thing and a tearoom too if you're looking for a wander and a lunchtime cuppa.

What time are you meeting Patrick's crew ? and is it in the carpark opposite the pub ?

I've only ever heard good things about his courses, even from those who did them in the most appalling weather.
Enjoy :)

cheers,
Toddy

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Cheers all, will endeavour to do a full write up.

This morning has been......... Interesting lol.. We toured the B& M carpark 5 times..... On a tow rope :( the upside being how friendly and open folk are :thumbup:

Cheers Mary, we're sat in the carpark now, whittling a few hours waiting time away. Darnt move the car again :eek:. Been to quick fit, battery is fine, and alternator is ok. Looks like a starter motor issue, so might need a tow again :eek:

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
6 bells meet up, so we'll go for a walk n. Try to get summat to eyt from a pub in an hour o two??

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Is there anything we can do to help ? I can find you a good mechanic pretty quickly.

So long as I have my phone on I can nip across and take you both for a wander ?

cheers,
Mary

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Eyup folks, me n swmbo are up in not so sunny East Kilbride for a weekend course with Backwoods Survival School.

We came up yesterday an had a neet in comfort at a not so cheap Inn. Good craic wi the locals in the pub opposite, an really helpful folk at this motel. Just had a decent breakfast afore we book out.

We're not due to meet Patrick & Co till this evening, so might have to have a mooch.

Forcast ain't good at all for this weekend, so I'm sure it's going to be testy. Guess who's Bivibag is knackered :banghead: so I'll be sleeping in an old basha with the studs fastened to make a Bivibag.

Hopefully have a good ol tale or two after weekend...... Stay tuned pop pickers :D

Sent from my HTC Explorer using Tapatalk 2[/QUOTE

Excellent job mate!!! I have been looking at that company for ages to o a course, lets us no how you get on!!
Cheers
Steve

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Is there anything we can do to help ? I can find you a good mechanic pretty quickly.

So long as I have my phone on I can nip across and take you both for a wander ?

cheers,
Mary

Cheers Mary, we've just had a power nap, going to have a walk upto carrigans? For summat to eyt. Thanks for the mechanic offer :thumbup: we don't have mechanic money. As long as we can get a tow start from someone on sunday afternoon, we should be fine :D

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Excellent meeting you Mary, perked us up :thumbup: hope all goes well for your family. Turning phone off now folks, till later ;):thumbup:

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Might just be the copper contacts in the starter solenoid (if yours has them) when my starter in an old estima failed I was quoted £250 for starter replacement. It cost me £6, a couple of hours work and lots of colourful language to fix mine.

Give the starter a bash while starting too, make sure its not seized.

Just enjoy your weekend.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland

Have a good one ... I've been on this course and I can guarantee that rain won't spoil the craic ;)

Andrew
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Fierce :cool: I'll add to this in next couple of days, we made the reyt choice :thumbup: can't thank them enough.... Roll on next month when we return :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE