backpacking and wild camping.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Hi folks I was just wondering if anyone on here besides their obvious interests in bushcraft also enjoyed backpacking and wild camping in the mountains the lakes for instance.
I do enjoy my own company and that of my 2 border collies but sometimes it would be nice to have company on a walk and someone to have a chinwag over a brew with in the evening.

I work for myself and am pretty flexible with times etc and I have a garage full of kit!!!, so was wondering if anyone fancied meeting up somewhere over the coming weeks, North Wales, the N Y Moors, or The Lakes. Also happy to provide a lift if your on the route to where ever it may be.

Have a nice day and lookforward to any replies.

Andy

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
indeed! we're all into it atm m8 like kerne said any excuse to get out, get yourself over to the meet forums as there's regular meets in the north too, me and the guys are planning on the next one.
pete

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
sounds good to me whats the usual order of the day Mileage etc and are wild camps prefered as long as there are not to many of course of is access to a beverage of some form prefered.

Or I could decant some of last years Sloe Vodka into a siggy bottle!!! that would take the chill off.

do you guys mainly walk weekends then?

I have been looking at the meets and hopefully will get to the one in cumbria.

also Melonfish thanks for the nudge ref DD hammock ordered one and a tarp they look brilliant cant wait to get it and also ordered 2 moras!!

andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I`m usually mooching about in the Lakes, Dales or Peak District so I`m up for meeting sometime.

I`ve started exploring Scotland a bit more these days if you fancy a trip up sometime.

I`m in Leeds :)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
hey no worries on the nudge, its all good kit and all gets great reviews from everyone who uses em. plus they're not too expensive and that is a big bonus ;)
me and the guys are mostly weekenders having horrid office jobs, but we're booking and planning atm, i've got 25 days holiday to waste from april.
pete

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Rich thats a deffo for a meet especially scotland the last time i was up there i had just bought a sevvylor inflatable canoe and from the camp site on the shore of loch lomand i took my son wild camping on some of the islands it was a real adventure for him.

As regards walking etc in peaks lakes and moors just let me know when ever you have anything planned or are thinking of planning something and we can make sure its ok date wise etc.

i enjoy pretty much anything in the outdoors so always up for a bimble, paddle, climb etc.

cheers for the nod.

Andy

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Pete mine is an office job too its just that my office is my back bedroom!!! my disadvantage is i dont get paid holidays!!

which is a bummer but hey ho swings and roundabouts huh!!

Andy

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Rich thats a deffo for a meet especially scotland the last time i was up there i had just bought a sevvylor inflatable canoe and from the camp site on the shore of loch lomand i took my son wild camping on some of the islands it was a real adventure for him.

As regards walking etc in peaks lakes and moors just let me know when ever you have anything planned or are thinking of planning something and we can make sure its ok date wise etc.

i enjoy pretty much anything in the outdoors so always up for a bimble, paddle, climb etc.

cheers for the nod.

Andy

Right we`ll get something sorted soon then fella.

I bought myself a Sevylor Ranger a few months ago and still haven`t had it out yet :(

We could look at a days paddle somewhere midway for us if you fancy it, I could do with a few pointers from an experienced bloke like yourself :eek:

gzornenplat

Forager
Jan 21, 2009
Surrey
I work from home too. If you are thinking of a couple of days mid-week, then that's often easier for me (not to mention the reduction in population).

I'm in Surrey, but that doesn't matter - once I'm heading north out of London, it doesn't make much difference where the destination is.

I used to live in Hull and occasionally would get to Beverley for a drink. Can't remember the names of the pubs - that probably indicates that I had a good time there :beerchug:

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Rich im not exactly knowledgable as regards canoes I know enough to get me by on flat water. yours like mine I think is the 2 man version they are a serious bit of kit and very good value. not so easy to keep straight with a 9 yr old at the front but two adults could do much better. I must say im a bit of a fair weather canoeist though not much fun out on open water in all this cold and snow!!!

gzornenplat I can easily do mid weeks as long as I know a while in advance so youll have to let me know when you want to do something and what your want to do.

dom next time we are coming to North Wales ill email you.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
If there's a small gathering (6 or less *) being planned for the Lakes and to include hammocks for a night or two don't forget the local !!
Would be good to put some faces to the avatars!!

* I'm hopeless at remembering names and at larger gatherings I'd just end up calling everybody 'mate' to save calling some hairy lass Brian (sorry if there's any hairy lasses called Brian :sad6: ) With smaller groups its sometimes a better laugh and you get to know people better.

Hope to see you in the Lakes this year....:red:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE