Backpacking Airbed with Built-in Pump

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Seems too cheap to me, have you seen Udamiano's Thermarest in the classifieds?

If I spent £12 on a mat I'd always be expecting it to fail at some point, at least with the TAR you can expect many years of use

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
If it's anything like this:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_158469_langId_-1_categoryId_165733

Have got one of these and they're alright, using the pump takes some getting used to - best way i've found is to pump it up barefoot with a rocking motion, forward to back (instead of just up and down). The pillow section iirc is seperate to inflate and has those annoying valves you find on most inflatable, also it has those for deflation on the main body.

Very light and packs down to about the size of a 500g bag of sugar.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
If it's anything like this:

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/..._productId_158469_langId_-1_categoryId_165733

Have got one of these and they're alright, using the pump takes some getting used to - best way i've found is to pump it up barefoot with a rocking motion, forward to back (instead of just up and down). The pillow section iirc is seperate to inflate and has those annoying valves you find on most inflatable, also it has those for deflation on the main body.

Very light and packs down to about the size of a 500g bag of sugar.

Cheers for the reply lister!!!
Do you think they offer much protection from cold coming from the ground? Or would it be worth putting down an emergency blanket underneath?
Cheers
Steve

Lister

Settler
Apr 3, 2012
Runcorn, Cheshire
I would definately have something underneath, wind tends to zip up the channels in the bed, You can underinflate it slightly to remove the channels some what but i would still have something underneath.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
I would definately have something underneath, wind tends to zip up the channels in the bed, You can underinflate it slightly to remove the channels some what but i would still have something underneath.

Excellent, cheers for the advice, you can buy these foil type thermal Matt's that are very light and very thin, thicker than a space blanket but thin and light enough to carry, they only cost a few pounds so may be worth investing in that too!! But for 12quid for a fairly lightweight and packable airbed it's gotta be worth a punt!!
Cheers
Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE