Baby Canoe Born out of Boredom

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Having trimmed the willow tree at the top of the garden I sat back and looked for something to while away a few moments, and ended up with this...Going to make a paddle to go with it later this evening...

birchbark009.jpg

birchbark003.jpg

if anyone is interested in some shots I tookat the Canadian Canoe museum last July follow this link http://s13.photobucket.com/albums/a252/stovie/canoe%20museum/ there is a pic of the "montreal" used in RM's latest series...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D
How about a birch bark tepee to go with it though ? and a totem pole ?

I love seeing bits and pieces like this :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
:D
How about a birch bark tepee to go with it though ? and a totem pole ?

I love seeing bits and pieces like this :cool:

cheers,
Toddy

You mean like this one Toddy...

DSCF2782.jpg

Thanks for the idea though...you may have started something...a scale "first nation" village...

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Nice :D..........though I was thinking more mantlepiece sized, meself :)

Pretty cool idea though :D
I make 12th scale models so I'm kind of biased. I've also got an N gauge railway that fits on my mantlepiece :cool:

If you do have a shot at a miniature diorama, let me know, I've got some incredibly fine leather that would work so well for this, and somewhere I have tiny beads for decoration.........six on a pin head tiny :)

cheers,
M

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Great canoe!
I used to do a lot of 54mm figurine modelling but never tried miniature boay building!
I did make a mini canoe padle out of stained matches for a friend once though, based on a Grey Owl Traveller paddle....fiddly work but worth the effort!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ah, it's away back up the loft :sigh: I bring it down and play with it over Christmas.
I made it a Winter town with snowy mountains behind, and HWMBLT lit up all my wee buildings with LED's :cool: I've even got sound for my trains :eek: I carved MDF to make the mountains and the train runs along behind them to complete the loop.

My brothers and sons always got the train sets, but when I saw Ngauge I wanted one myself :D
They all think this is 'cute' but since their idea of a train is something 'live' with 20psi chuffing through the garden :rolleyes: I think mine'll do fine :)

cheers,
M

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Somewhere in the photos boxes, right the way back to the 1930's.

We've even got a half finished Titch up the loft, that I am assured that one day Son1 will get around to working on :rolleyes:

My Grandfather and his brother built a railway track around and through my Grandmother's flowerbeds, even had a viaduct over the pond. I didn't realise until I went to school that my sandpit was originally where the refueling was done :rolleyes: and that the tiny pieces of coal weren't for fairy fires but steam boiler ones :eek: :D And I can still hear the other Granny demanding that whoever had tried out a steam puffer's seams in the bath clean the damn thing out because that 'tide line' was not staying there! :lmao:

It has to be an infection of some kind. Son1 has a milling machine in his living room :rolleyes: and he uses it too, and I can't imagine life without workshops around.

cheers,
Toddy

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE