Baby Bird

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Hey all,

My folks often get Jackdaw chicks falling down the chimney and have reared a few to the point of releasing them.

the last two were released.
the first 'escaped' quite early on when my folks used to let them out to fly (it just cleared off )
the second, placed in a cat cage out in the garden (and a month after they were lost) the parents (?) started circling them and sat in a tree calling.

the cage was opened and the one little one flew out to the tree!

Well thats all good, but my question is this.
I found a blackbird chick in my front lawn this morning and shortly after bagging it in a shoe box i noticed next doors cat looking most unimpressed (i feel i just stole his lunch)
now there is no room for me to keep the chick (my 6 week old daughter has taken over the house, and i feel it would not be wise for it to stay)
seeing as my folks are well versed in this i sent it to them (5 miles as the crow flies)
do you reckon the chick will mind being released in a new area....well not mind, but will it be confussed....i just felt the cat could have brought it from a long way away so releasing it at my place would be no better.

Mojo

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
It keeps calling for food any time they walk past.
I'd say it is about the same age as the jackdaws they released.
fully feathered but still got a bit of a dumpy body...I think it was about 3/4 size.
It's on meal worms now.

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Bargain!
it tried to hop away from me this morning and got itself pinned under a twig!.....how can you walk away from some thing as plucky yet under developed as that...
Well we shall see if it makes it.
I'll let you know.

Mojo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE