Böker stockman

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
Böker 1095 Stockman

Last week I received 2 Böker slipjoints. One trapper and a stockman. First up: the stockman.

This is a full size slipjint with red jigged delrin scales. Although they are plastic, I like them. Not very fancy, but it was going to be a working knife after all.
The bolsters were stained when I got them, but now they are polished to a mirror shine. The rounded bolsters are nice for pocket carry.

Now the clip blade. It’s got great walk and talk. No nail crushing spring, but strong never the less. It came with a cold blued finish and all the blades were convexed by BRKT. They did a lovely job with this and the blue disappeared and gave the whole blade a rustic and vintage look. It looked great, it looked even better after cutting apples and oranges. The patina is great now.

The sheepsfoot blade is another story. The spring is a lot softer than the clip, but no blade play at all. It rises pretty far from the frame, but so far it’s not a problem. Maybe I’ll file the kick down a bit. Razorsharp, nice patina. Nothing more to say about it.

The spey blade is excellent. Good spring, no blade play. I’m considering grinding it down to a spearpoint blade, but haven’t decided yet.

So all in all it’s a nice knife, that will serve me well in edc and camping trips. Not the best of the slipjoint world I suppose, but is has character and has stolen my heart.

Best regards,

Michiel

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
Nice straightforward call on those:35:

Have you ever tried any of the kissing crane, they are about the same price range plus a little.... and then there's the hen and rooster's. They are really top shelf.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
Haven't tried those because they are hard to find in Belgium for a reasonable price; Also, I can't fiend any in carbon steel.

Best regards,

Michiel

edispilff

Forager
Mar 6, 2007
between the trees
e knife works is the cheapest place i've found them over here (did a search to show you the relevant models):50$ per knife isn't too bad
hen & rooster-
stockman (carbon): http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/e...383cjgb&Search.x=13&Search.y=11&SKU=HR383CJGB
congress (carbon): http://www.eknifeworks.com/webapp/e...t=HR324BJB&Search.x=0&Search.y=0&SKU=HR324BJB

you're right about kissing crane... it's difficult to find a place that carries the carbon versions... Either way, you've got a couple of real nice pocket knives there:D

Take care and let us know how those pan out!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE