Ayrshire - Scotland

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Feb 25, 2016
1
0
Warrington
Evening all,

I'm off to sunny Scotland for a wedding, but looking to get out for a couple of days whilst i'm up there, so looking for any recommendations for a decent days hike in and around Ayrshire.

I'm staying in a place called Maybole, and looking on the map Galloway Forest isn't far at all, anybody visited?

Cheers,

Josh
 
Not woodlands, not forest and not hills to suggest on this occasion, but because you are a new visitor here, and starting out from Maybole; may I suggest that a shoreline trek South of Maybole could be interesting.

If you get to Ballantrae (or further), you can always, relatively easily find a bus to hop back on however far you wander down the coast, whatever you do, I hope you enjoy it.

rorymax
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE