Axminster Tools carving knives

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
was brought a set last crimbo (same tools and even same box) but the name was not axminster

I don't doo a lot of carving but did find the gouges useful when hollowing out a small bowl.
and they are small which makes them good for carving out a precise recess in the handle of my knife project (to inlay a tablet)
oh and the gouges made a nice 'ye olde worldy' pattern on the out side of my bowl (really liked that)

but i only ever use 4 of the tools (both gouges, 90 degree tool, and one of the flat chisels ends) the others are just variations on the chisel end and i don't have a need (yet)
they came sharp and i have not blunted the edges yet.

I don't feel they'd like much abuse (levering/hammering into wood etc) but if used sensibly mainly for decorative stuff they keep sharp enough to work well.

They are small though so hands will hurt after use and you will not be able to tackle anything much larger than spoons and small bowls....ocasionally

hope it helps.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
ive got a set not sure it was 8 though think i got 6 in hobby craft for £5.99 i thought they where cracking for small projects

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
I got a set very simalar to that but mine were £2!!!
The large gouge was my fav and worked great..... untill it snapped!!!!
Other than me being a bit heavy handed they are very good, so my advice is give them a go but DO be gentle on them.... they don't like the rough stuff!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE