Avon skin so soft.. again

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Looking for an effective mosquito repellant I came across several threads referring to Avon Skin so Soft.
Obviously, as we do with gear, SWMBO's need lot of variations of skin and other beauty products (I use that argument every time I hear that I'm collecting too much gear...). Looking at the Avon site I hit 113:lmao: "Skin so Soft" products and I'm wondering which one should be used to repell the little buggers.

Any help? Thanks

webbie

Forager
Jan 1, 1970
scotland
you wont get better midge repellent that 'shoo'

HTML:
http://www.shoo.org/ShooHome.html

well that my thoughts anyway as the above post says some work for others some dont

webbie

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
She Who Must Be Obeyed
He Who Must Be Listened To, or if feeling a bit narky, He Who Thinks He Must Be Listened To.

cheers,
Toddy

stu1979uk

Forager
Oct 22, 2006
glasgow
It works for me i used the woodland fresh moisturiser and the little buggers disapeared, but i know it doesn't work for everyone

stoneraven

Dec 14, 2006
Canada
I tried a controlled experiment with the product years ago.

Land with a helicopter in a bog in northern Alberta in July.
One arm covered with skin so soft.
The other with good old deet

Result:
1. Helicopter rotor downwash is effective for keeping mosquitoes at bay.
2. Deet is effective.
3. Skin so soft - Well let's just say the deet came out to conclude the experiment.

Never bothered even thinking about it since.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Do you remember the Discovery program ' Connections'? See here how mosquito's, skin creme and helicopters connect to bushcraft. I LOVE this forum:lmao:

xlfive

Apr 4, 2008
Warrington
I tried Avon on a trip to Scotland,personally it works for a couple of hours,then re -application is needed i went through 3 bottles in five days next time i will take Deet

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
First got told about Skin so Soft by a hostel owner who was in the Scottish women's fly fishing team, tried it and it works for me. There are also a couple of preparations that use bog myrtle that seem to work...
jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE