• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Minimears

Oct 16, 2008
East Anglia
Hi , I tried to upload several avatars of the correct filesize and dimensions but get the following message : "Error occurred during the moving of the uploaded file."

Does anyone know a fix for this please ?

I am logged in as the administrator on my pc and I have had no problem with other websites.

Thanks in advance.

Minimears

Oct 16, 2008
East Anglia
Hmm , tried again with my resized images and also with oversize images.

The resized give the same error as before and the others say file exceeds limit.

I guess im stuck with the rubber duckie

clb

Feb 3, 2009
Taiwan
Hi,

I just joined and I'm having the same trouble as Minimears--same error message. My file is tiny (about 100 X 200 pixels and 14 kb). I tried JPG and gif. Same error message.

Thanks,

CL

clb

Feb 3, 2009
Taiwan
As you can see, I finally got an avatar posted. Since I have my own website, I uploaded my avatar to that website. Then, I inserted the link when selecting the avatar here. It's a round-about method, but it worked.

CL

al21

Nomad
Aug 11, 2006
In a boat somewhere
Hi folks,

I've been trying to change my avatar for a couple of days now, but without success. I think I've tried about every variation I can think of now and am at the :banghead: stage!

I've used both the route through 'My Profile' and the 'Edit Avatar' that's available when viewing the private messages. The current avatar shown at the last place is now the correct one but is not showing against my posts or in the login box top left.

There seems to be a significant difference between the two methods, the first says that images under 200x500x100kb are acceptable, while I think the second says 100x100x19.4kb.

I've tried uploading directly from my machine and using the point to an online image method.

The image I want is this:

dragon-avatar.jpg

Can anyone help me?

Al

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE