Austrian army surplus goretex jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Hi folks.

Has anyone got one of these? I'm thinking of hitting the button on a grade 1 jacket priced at £45.......

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Hi mate, I’ve had one for the last 3 years or so & can’t fault it. As good as any shell type Gore Tex jacket on the market imo. Bomb proof construction & totally waterproof - although I reproof every year - with a good adjustable hood. I use mine for hiking & fishing in winter. A great jacket for the money & getting harder to find. Cheers

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Hi mate, I’ve had one for the last 3 years or so & can’t fault it. As good as any shell type Gore Tex jacket on the market imo. Bomb proof construction & totally waterproof - although I reproof every year - with a good adjustable hood. I use mine for hiking & fishing in winter. A great jacket for the money & getting harder to find. Cheers
Thanks buddy. Did you get a grade one jacket? Did you need to reproof it when you got it or was it ok?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Yes, Grade 1. No, I didn’t need to reproof it when it arrived. I’ve a few Gore Tex items & generally reproof them every 12 months whether I think they actually need it or not - just habit really. Mine is as effective as any I own in the £150+ bracket. Grab it at that price, you won’t be disappointed. Cheers.

Reactions: Van-Wild

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I can't know all and everything, but in my opinion that isn't German military equipment.

German military used leather helmets since round about 1870 and tent sheets as poncho, in the beginning rectangular, than they changed to steel helmets, in WW2 came the triangular tent sheet poncho, than in DDR back to larger rectangular and to the US type tent sheet in western Germany, used as a poncho with additional hood.

The US Poncho was in western Germany spare equipment for chemical attacks, Bundeswehr used the tent sheed as poncho until they got rubber suits and later Goretex suits.

I spend a lot of time in surplus shops since decades, but I never have seen this hood!

Reactions: Herman30

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
This is the only item that was called a "poncho" in any German military before they changed to Flecktarn in the nineties.

https://www.asmc.de/bw-regenponcho-oliv-gebraucht

Today exists a Flecktarn Goretex poncho, and there is one other in Flecktarn, but very heavy and inside rubberised on the surplus market which is very seldom.

Other things never had been called "poncho" in any German army.
The Austrians used after WW2 a poncho nearly identic with the poncho in the link, perhaps it's totally identic.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE