Astoundingly good customer service!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I bought a down underquilt off eBay and it arrived very quickly. When I tried it out, however, the draw cords at each end were a bit short so it couldn't be opened up fully which made it a little uncomfortable. I also had issues (caused by me!) of it not hanging in the right place.

I contacted the seller and he requested I sent it back. 2 days later, it came back again with longer cords, loops and eyelets sewn in at each end (so I can hang it differently), an additional ripstop stuffsack (bigger one) and a couple of webbing straps!

Thrilled to bits and can't wait to try it out again now that I've got a chance of hanging it properly this time! I'll post a full review once I do and promote his website...

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Was that the lightweight ones for around £65?

Aren't the draw cords for cinching up the ends to keep drafts out?

Looking forward to the review, not that I need another UQ

Last edited:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
A down underquilt on ebay for £65 ?? where ? I've had a little search typing in "down underquilt" on ebay but come up with nothing? could you possible provide a link [assuming a it's a shop rather than a one-off seller]

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
I've had more dealings with ebay sellers than I should have & I have to say, with only 2 exceptions which were successfully dealt with by paypal, I have had excellent customer service both from profesional & private sellers, the item descriptions have been accurate & postage costs, for the most part , reasonable.
It's nearly enough to restore one's faith in human nature. :)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I recommend "Outdoorvalue" I just bought a midgie net off them that turned out to be a mossie net (hole size wouldn't stop midges) - they refunded me in full and let me keep it when I pointed out the error in the description. No hassle.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE