Astonshing response from Coleman

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Pardon!

The collapse of the financial markets, bank bail outs etc are comparable to not being able to obtain some cook set dimensions...... :confused:

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
This kind of thing makes me sick, in my opinion it reflects the general "can't be bothered" attitude that seems to be sweeping the world.
No one is prepared to make the slightest bit of effort on anyone else's behalf, I'll bet my bottom dollar she didn't even attempt to find you the information you required, and that she could have found out if she'd used a little initiative.
Being fobbed off like that drives me mad :banghead:

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
This kind of thing makes me sick, in my opinion it reflects the general "can't be bothered" attitude that seems to be sweeping the world.
No one is prepared to make the slightest bit of effort on anyone else's behalf, I'll bet my bottom dollar she didn't even attempt to find you the information you required, and that she could have found out if she'd used a little initiative.
Being fobbed off like that drives me mad :banghead:

It's impossible to tell of course, whether she was being unhelpful or just following the company line, following her supervisors instructions, etc etc.

My gut instinct is to blame Coleman management for not making that data readily available in the first place, either on the web page or on the system for their support staff to easily access.

Graham

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Coleman are doing what seems aa rather useful set of Hard anodised aluminium pots in their exponent range

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=8552-305&categoryid=5170&brand=

But there are no dimensions for the pots, and I wanted to know what stove I could fit into each pot. After a few hours searching the web I gave up and emailed Coleman.

I got a very prompt reply, but see below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Graham,

Thank you for contacting The Coleman Company. I'm sorry, we do not have this information to provide you. It isn't available to us.

Sincerely,

Libby
Coleman Consumer Service
1-800-835-3278

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Had this problem myself, but they were a little more helpful. The problem is you need to talk to Coleman Europe. Even then you might get sent to another company.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
The reply to my reply:)
---------------------------------------------------
Graham,

I contacted our accessory division and this is the answer I received.

The large pot has internal markings at different intervals from 20 oz. up through 50 oz.
Dept is approx 3.5?; diameter is 5.88?

The smaller pot has internal markings at different internals from 20 oz. up through 40 oz.
Dept. is approx. 3.25?; diameter is 5.5?

Sincerely,

Libby
Coleman Consumer Service
1-800-835-3278
---------------------------------------------------------

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well done Libby;)

It's possible then, that she was indeed, on a bit of a "clearance exercise" originally.

However, She came up good in the end, by the look of it.

Shame she hadn't contacted the accessory division, before replying in the first instance though.

So; are they big enough for what you intend to put in them then?:)

regards

R.B.

galopede

Forager
Dec 9, 2004
Gloucestershire
The large pot has internal markings at different intervals from 20 oz. up through 50 oz.
Dept is approx 3.5?; diameter is 5.88?

The smaller pot has internal markings at different internals from 20 oz. up through 40 oz.
Dept. is approx. 3.25?; diameter is 5.5?

Hey, not a bad guess on my part! Looking at the relative dimensions of the large one (rough diameter against depth) and a volume of 1.7L, my ancient schoolboy maths had come up with about 6"x3.6". Nice to keep the brain working!

Get down to this post and I'm happy.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Well done Libby;)
So; are they big enough for what you intend to put in them then?:)

Nope, I thought they looked too wide and not tall enough, and indeed they are. The photos are often deceptive. I suspect I am just going to end up with 12cm Zebra, but also idly musing about how much weight I might save by looking at a hard anodised aluminium.

Graham

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE