Astonshing response from Coleman

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Coleman are doing what seems aa rather useful set of Hard anodised aluminium pots in their exponent range

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=8552-305&categoryid=5170&brand=

But there are no dimensions for the pots, and I wanted to know what stove I could fit into each pot. After a few hours searching the web I gave up and emailed Coleman.

I got a very prompt reply, but see below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Graham,

Thank you for contacting The Coleman Company. I'm sorry, we do not have this information to provide you. It isn't available to us.

Sincerely,

Libby
Coleman Consumer Service
1-800-835-3278

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
:confused:
blighter.gif

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
That's the boxed (for shipping) information.

I'd ring up a dealer that's got 'em in stock and ask whomever answers to confirm (measure) the pots diameter and height.

If you have no luck with that, I'll see if any dealers in central London stock them and I'll measure 'em for you!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Coleman are doing what seems aa rather useful set of Hard anodised aluminium pots in their exponent range

http://www.coleman.com/coleman/colemancom/detail.asp?product_id=8552-305&categoryid=5170&brand=

But there are no dimensions for the pots, and I wanted to know what stove I could fit into each pot. After a few hours searching the web I gave up and emailed Coleman.

I got a very prompt reply, but see below.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Graham,

Thank you for contacting The Coleman Company. I'm sorry, we do not have this information to provide you. It isn't available to us.

Sincerely,

Libby
Coleman Consumer Service
1-800-835-3278

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think I'd have probably sent the most sarcastic reply I could think of after that response.

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm not sure I've understood this correctly:confused:

Now then; did you simply ask for the dimensions?
Or; did you mention wanting to know, what size stove would fit etc?

I can understand if its the stove thing that's thrown them but otherwise:

If you have simply asked for the sizes of their products and they can't tell you, then I'd try to contact someone much higher in the company and be very ironic at them!
or even a TV set up, like BBC's "Watchdog" if only to show Coleman up!

Deary, deary, Me:rolleyes:

atb

R.B.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
That's the boxed (for shipping) information.

I'd ring up a dealer that's got 'em in stock and ask whomever answers to confirm (measure) the pots diameter and height.

If you have no luck with that, I'll see if any dealers in central London stock them and I'll measure 'em for you!

Thanks, at the moment I am just "reviewing" my pot situation and the lack of measurements was making it untidy. If they make the final cut, I will do as you suggest.

Graham

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
I think I'd have probably sent the most sarcastic reply I could think of after that response.

In fact I politely explained that given the likely use of this type of cooking kit, why it was important that potential customers had dimensions so they could work out what they could pack inside the pots.

This meant it was essential, that this information was on the web site and could she pass my email onto an appropriate manager who could sort out the web site.

I also said that without knowing these dimensions, I would never be able to risk buying their pots.

Graham

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
I'm not sure I've understood this correctly:confused:

Now then; did you simply ask for the dimensions?
Or; did you mention wanting to know, what size stove would fit etc?

Nope, no mention of stoves, just pointed out their web site had volumes but no dimensions and could they give me the dimensions of both pots.

Graham

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Probably an office in the USA and a production facility in China (subcontracted etc) and ".. never the twain shall meet..."
I will have a look into the dealers catalogue at work on friday.
Luckily, there are other companies out there from whom to buy.

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
Probably an office in the USA and a production facility in China (subcontracted etc) and ".. never the twain shall meet..."
I will have a look into the dealers catalogue at work on friday.
Luckily, there are other companies out there from whom to buy.

Yes, I can see that as an explanation, but still see it odd. It has become more important that it really is, as I just came across them and wondered what size they were. Still interested in the dimensions if they are easy to come by.

Thanks,

Graham

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
If it was me and I received a response back from a company such as the one above I would make a point of not purchasing their products at all - I'm a big believer in consumer power :).

The most annoying part of this is that i reckon she could get the details very easily if she bothered, a quick reply suggests to me that it was an inbox clearing fob off.

tom

myotis

Apr 28, 2008
Somerset, UK.
If it was me and I received a response back from a company such as the one above I would make a point of not purchasing their products at all - I'm a big believer in consumer power :).

The most annoying part of this is that i reckon she could get the details very easily if she bothered, a quick reply suggests to me that it was an inbox clearing fob off.

tom

I am happy to believe she couldn't "easily" get the information ie "it wasn't on the computer or in her faqs" That is probably as far as her training goes and its unlikely there will be a pot anywhere near her to measure.

It does reflect badly on Coleman however, that they haven't got this information readily to hand.

Graham

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
when asked, a lot of bankers gave very exact answers to specific questions... But then what happened? Be grateful for their honesty

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE