Ash Wood Spirit staff

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
I have been meaning to have another go at another Wood spirit for a while now and seeing as the Ash staff drying was about ready, I set to it.
I have always found drawing hands and faces really difficult, and find carving them is tricky too!. The Ash is from a clearing job I did about a year an a half ago and is very straight, as soon as I saw it I knew it would make a sturdy staff, I left the bark on the staff as I like the just coppiced look it brings to the staff, with its few marks and a chainsaw scar on the back, make it very rustic indeed.

DSC_1928.jpg

DSC_1931.jpg

Its not quite finished yet, I will add a landyard and give it a few more coats of wax.

Thanks.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Just got myself a carving jack for mark 2 attempt at a wood spirit, well done on yours, how is it everyone else's projects always seem that bit nicer. Oh well back to the drawing board.

Colin

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Thanks for the replys.
I finished the Ash Wood Spirit staff last night so I thought I would get some pics this morning.
I added a leather lanyard with an antler toggle, gave it a few coats of beeswax and fitted an antique coloured Brass ferrule to the tip.

AshWoodSpirit.jpg

5270507169_4267de69bc_b.jpg

5270507781_aeab0c2537_b.jpg

I started another from a slightly wonky piece of Ash, I think I might give him a long beard ,I'll get some pics when its done

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE