Article: Thermarest - NeoAir All Season

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What's the pack size like compared to the regular Neos?

I like the fact that you can use a lighter bag or top quilt compared to most other mats

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
SOunds good, been eyeing one of these up for a while. Got a self inflating 3/4 length which is great in summer, bur have to revert to the closed cell foam come winter.
Welcome to my shopping list neoair all season!

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Nice review. Do they come in range of colours? i would lower your value for money score. £110 for a sleeping mat is a lot of money for most people.

I'll give you that :D Although I'll gladly pay a reasonable amount for a good nights sleep.... You know how much Sam's mat and sleeping bag have put me back :eek:

Bucephalas

Jan 19, 2012
Chepstow, Wales
Recently I said that I wouldn't pay this sort of money on a mat even if I were loaded, but after several uncomfortable nights out (mostly due to old knee injury) I find myself reconsidering.

I will wait unil it's no longer "new" and see how people get on with it; Maybe next winter; Until then I'll spend the bucks on a down bag.

Lithril

Administrator
Admin
Jan 23, 2004
Southampton, UK
Yeah I've done that myself, taken a little while but I now have a sleeping system that's very comfortable. My wifes mat and bag should be hung up and looked at for the price but she's warm and comfortable now which means my life is quieter.... well worth the money. If you don't need the sleeping bag straight away it'll be worth signing up to the PHD website and waiting for their next sale, very high quality indeed and almost affordable in the sale.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Isn't that the old Exped ones Ged? I think it was so you weren't breathing moisture into the down

I was just going by this in the review:

"Manufacturers Description & Specification

Lightweight, durable and extremely warm, the NeoAir All Season mattress is the ultimate solution to year-round backcountry comfort. Patent-pending Triangular Core Matrix™ technology creates over 100 internal cells and Reflective Barriers trap warm air, resulting in an incredibly high R-value without the weight or bulk of conventional insulation. Durable fabrics and construction give the All Season mattress the strength to stand up to rugged conditions throughout the year. Pump sack and repair kit included."

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have the exped with the built in pump, and though it's neat and I've gotten good at filling it; watching someone with the older style drybag sack fill up style makes mine look laborious. Three fills and it's done.
I suppose you get used to what you have, but HWMBLT is giving serious consideration to this NeoAir one :)

Thanks for the review :D

cheers,
M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Pump sack and repair kit included."

So it does mate, sorry I missed that bit.

My NeoAir short is just a blow valve and so is my POE Elite AC 2/3, I didn't know TAR made the pump sacks so I'll have to have a look, saying that my shorter mats don't take much blowing up anyway.

Looking forward to seeing their new XTherm when it gets over here in April

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE