Article: Snugpak: Endurance Rucksack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
I've got a karrimor sf predator 50l; for me, the hip belt is a belly belt but on my Sabre 75, the hip belt is pucka! Really comfy to boot for an overgrown freak - cheers John! ;)

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Sep 20, 2014
Leeds
I used a Rocket pack for a number of years and found it excellent and very comfortable if packed well and set up to fit properly.
I have not tried a small Karrimor SF pack but the 75 litre one was pretty good too.

As you say you used a rocket pack for a number of years, I am guessing yours would have been British made. I had the Chinese one for a while. really uncomfortable and no option to set it up for the tops of the shoulders, which made the pack fall away from the shoulders and upper torso. just awful. I would guess the pack I use now which would be closest to the Snugpak endurance, would be either Karrimor SF Sabre 45, or the Tecmac 50.

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
I used a Snugpak RocketPak for a while. a full load felt like I was carrying a sack of potatoes on my back. Using Karrimor SFs now. Have you tried Karrimor SF Sabre?...if so, how does Snugpak Endurance compare?
I had a RocketPak for a number of years. My issue was the hip (waist) belt was too high with a fair bit of pack hanging below it. Like folk above, for a six-footer it was too short in the back length.
Never carried it fully loaded as if I needed full capacity I used my Vulcan instead as it was much comfier.
Still, a good, light day pack.

Ed the Ted

Forager
Dec 13, 2013
Scotland
I have the stamina 40 which as far as I can tell is the same as the endurance but without the webbing. To be honest I was not happy with it at all, the back was not stiff at all so pretty uncomfortable on my slim (but not soft!) frame with weight in it, the material used for all the straps is very shiny and smooth so they do not stay tight at all but loosen quite quickly including the shoulder adjusters which was very annoying, the gluey waterproofing on the material around the snow baffle (?) pull cord started to peel off after just 1 or 2 uses. without support or straps that stay tight it was just like having a loose sack swinging around on my shoulders and tiring me out!

Ok as a cheapish bag to get mucky and chuck mucky stuff in but I certainly wouldn't want to use it to put much weight in and carry for a long time. I went winter bothying with it a couple of times, just one night, and it really wasn't up to bearing the weight.

Sorry to be a misery guts but I always like to see negative feedback if I feel it's honest!

Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
The Snugpak bags I have always had have used reasonably poor quality materials/hardware too (Stamina45, their bum bag thingy). They are very much in the Sports Direct/Eurohike part of the field, but with somewhat higher prices that start to snap at the heels of much higher quality offerings from the likes of 5.11, Karrimor SF, and Berghaus. Of the latter, the Berghaus Centurio 45 is probably the closest equivalent to the pack on review, and is available of you look around cheaper than the Snugpak bag - e.g.: http://www.trekkinn.com/outdoor-mou...gclid=CJL7hK35l8oCFdVAGwod2dcPOA&gclsrc=aw.ds

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE