Army Surplus in Norway/Sweden

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Well I managed to wangle a nice trip up to Norway in mid February with some time set aside for picking up some military surplus kit. The plan is to take a minimum I need for the trip and then use my baggage allowance for stuff I buy.

So if any of you guys up that way can recommend surplus stores, preferably with a good range of kit to try on etc, in Norway or S Sweden (I can always grab a cheap flight over for a good trip and I am pretty desperate to pick up some decent Fjallraven trousers :) ) I would appreciate you suggestions. Shop names, location, (web site if available but not essential in NO or SE is fine). Specifically one of those Norwegian army sleeping bags Viking had a thread on recently plus some winter gear and a LK70 rucksack if pos etc also.

Right now I am planning to Fly into Olso (Torp), heading up to Alvdal in the Hedmark, on to Trondheim (to visit some historic sites for my research), then down to Bergen and then perhaps back to Oslo depending on any trips for shopping elsewhere :lol:. from 10 - 22 Feb.

Lastly if you have any tips for nice places to get out and about for a few days (probably 3 days over the weekend of 19-20 Feb) I would love to hear.

Cheers

Simon

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
I can only speak for Sweden and Gothenburg but here there is a good surplus store and 3-4 shops that sell fjällräven clothes and gear. All is pretty easy to find except the surplus store but that is only 10 min away with the tram and the a few minutes walk and if you are interested in military history there is also an old regiment at the surplus store.

If you are coming to Gothenburg let me know and maybe I can show you around.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Viking said:
I can only speak for Sweden and Gothenburg but here there is a good surplus store and 3-4 shops that sell fjällräven clothes and gear. All is pretty easy to find except the surplus store but that is only 10 min away with the tram and the a few minutes walk and if you are interested in military history there is also an old regiment at the surplus store.

If you are coming to Gothenburg let me know and maybe I can show you around.
Thanks for the info Viking. :biggthump

Can you let me know the name of the surplus store and location, website? Do you know if they do the Norwegian sleeping bag you got and a LK70?

At the moment I have left my return flights flexible so it may be possible to fly down to Goteburg and continue to London from there. Thanks for your kind offer. If I can come i will certainly contact you :) . I will PM you if that's OK

Cheers

Simon

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Moonraker said:
Thanks for the info Viking. :biggthump

Can you let me know the name of the surplus store and location, website? Do you know if they do the Norwegian sleeping bag you got and a LK70?

At the moment I have left my return flights flexible so it may be possible to fly down to Goteburg and continue to London from there. Thanks for your kind offer. If I can come i will certainly contact you :) . I will PM you if that's OK

Cheers

Simon

I got my norweigan army sleeping bag from there but they don´t have the LK 70 but they do have the medic bag wich has the same frame but with a smaller bag on and with room to strap on the medic bag, you can use the frame with the LK 35 bag. The LK70 is getting hard to get now but there has come a new version of it and it´s called LK100 or rucksack 2000 but it weighs about 4 kg.

Pics of the LK100 http://www.recon.se/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=86

The surplus shop has a home page but it´s not very good http://www.kvibergsoverskott.se/

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Viking said:
I got my norweigan army sleeping bag from there but they don´t have the LK 70 but they do have the medic bag wich has the same frame but with a smaller bag on and with room to strap on the medic bag, you can use the frame with the LK 35 bag. The LK70 is getting hard to get now but there has come a new version of it and it´s called LK100 or rucksack 2000 but it weighs about 4 kg.

Pics of the LK100 http://www.recon.se/product_info.php?cPath=26&products_id=86

The surplus shop has a home page but it´s not very good http://www.kvibergsoverskott.se/

OK. I remember seeing those new Recon 2000 but they were expensive!

I managed to get a Ryggsäck SJ-35L, oanv. for 160 kr at Active Life Equipment a few weeks ago ( ordered last December but got lost in French postal system as usual :roll: ) I plan to do a comparative review of the three (LK35, LK70 and SJ35L) hence search for the LK70. I did get them to sent me a used LK70 without the frame to at least see how it is. But it only made me want to pick up a new one right away :). I will post a photo of the SJ35L medical pack on on the old green bag thread soon.

Actually I heard from ALE, who were very nice to deal with BTW, and they just confirmed they won a last current FMV Batch 7 lot C, details here:

FMV - Surplus Sales Batch 7

Jan-Erik told me that within that Lot C they have something like 650 LK70's !!! which they should have transferred to there warehouse in March 2005. So there will be a fair few more available :eek:): In fact, if you check that FMV link and look at the Active Life Equipment part it has a small photo of some of their Lot including a LK70 I believe :) From that site:
Also other kinds of equipment
Tommy cookers, buckets, thermo containers, water cans and cutlery.
Gloves, backpacks, sleeping bags, combat boots and duffel bags.
Saws, spades, axes, snow-shovel and torches.
Skies and pulkas.
Camouflage net
So some other interesting kit too.
What's a 'pulka'?!

Is their store far from Goteburg. Looks like around 2-3 hour drive?

Härja
SE 522 91 Tidaholm

If they have them in stock by mid February perhaps I will head out there for a look.

Cheers

Simon

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Moonraker said:
OK. I remember seeing those new Recon 2000 but they were expensive!

I managed to get a Ryggsäck SJ-35L, oanv. for 160 kr at Active Life Equipment a few weeks ago ( ordered last December but got lost in French postal system as usual :roll: ) I plan to do a comparative review of the three (LK35, LK70 and SJ35L) hence search for the LK70. I did get them to sent me a used LK70 without the frame to at least see how it is. But it only made me want to pick up a new one right away :). I will post a photo of the SJ35L medical pack on on the old green bag thread soon.

Actually I heard from ALE, who were very nice to deal with BTW, and they just confirmed they won a last current FMV Batch 7 lot C, details here:

FMV - Surplus Sales Batch 7

Jan-Erik told me that within that Lot C they have something like 650 LK70's !!! which they should have transferred to there warehouse in March 2005. So there will be a fair few more available :eek:): In fact, if you check that FMV link and look at the Active Life Equipment part it has a small photo of some of their Lot including a LK70 I believe :) From that site:

So some other interesting kit too.
What's a 'pulka'?!

Is their store far from Goteburg. Looks like around 2-3 hour drive?

Härja
SE 522 91 Tidaholm

If they have them in stock by mid February perhaps I will head out there for a look.

Cheers

Simon

Great news mate, will have to buy me a new LK70 as soon as they get in. Do you know that the SJ35 has the same frame as the LK70.

A pulka is a sled, often used when skiing to carry all your kit, saw one at he surplus store here in town.

I have been to the Ale in Tidaholm but they did not have a store to visit when I was there and it´s so much easier to order from them.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
arctic hobo said:
IIRC a pulka is a dogsledge. As regards my own knowledge of surplus shops, I'm afraid I just don't know because I like to stay in villages and avoid towns. I'm sure there will be some :?:
Thanks for letting me know Chris. I am sure I can find some before leaving. Any idea how to translate 'army surplus' into Norwegian?

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Viking said:
Great news mate, will have to buy me a new LK70 as soon as they get in. Do you know that the SJ35 has the same frame as the LK70.

A pulka is a sled, often used when skiing to carry all your kit, saw one at he surplus store here in town.

I have been to the Ale in Tidaholm but they did not have a store to visit when I was there and it´s so much easier to order from them.
Yes, thanks. I think you mentioned it on the other thread and it says so on the ALE web site. It fitted well for me and the addition of a decent padded and leather waist belt as standard is useful.

Ordering is easy as they are helpful except I have to pay €30 for postage to France :wink: So if I can get a chance to pick on up then is saves me reasonable cash. I will try to find out when they expect them in.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE