Arktis wind smock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just registered and would like to say "hi" to everyone!

I have just purchased an Arktis wind smock and it is brilliant.....here are the details:

http://www.thebunkerdirect.com/detail_578_2_54.cfm

Our Price: £ 16.99
Arktis Product
Windproof and water resistant. This compact item weighs only 150g and packs down into its own fist-sized stuffsack. Colours: OG, BK Sizes: S-XXL

Also just a bit of info concerning Nomad hammocks....i have just bought one and a piece of paper contained in the stuff-sac says they have changed the material they use to something lighter and quicker drying....as a result they now only recommend sleeping between the layers in an emergency.

Hope this stuff is useful!

P.S. Any tips on the use or alteration of the Nomad?

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
the arktis windshirt is very simular to a Zoot suit top, which i have, it's an item that a great deal of military and outdoor people use and recomend!

can't comment on the hammock though i used to sell nomad gear and always found it pretty good.

welcome aboard! :biggthump

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Welcome to the forums Fenlander :wave:

Actually it is the:

Arktis - 4014 : Stowaway Shirt

:wink: They do a separate Windproof Smock which is used as the outer-layer and the Stowaway as a mid-layer:

Arktis - 1011 : Windproof Smock

I do like their gear a lot and have several items including the 1021 : 'Rainshield' (see Stowaway link above) which is used as a waterproof midlayer under a smock (which protects the mid layer garments being ripstop poly/ cotton) but actually they are pretty tough anyhow and very light and pack down to nothing as you say. Weighs only 380gm. I prefer this in combination with the Arktis Windproof rather than the Waterproof Smock because I do not have to wear it in dry weather or light showers.

I have Nikwaxed the Windproof Smock which makes it pretty showerproof.

I also have one of their beefy 1024 : Mammoth Shirt which is perfect right now with the temperature down to -10C at night and only up to -3C and freezing fog right now :chill: It is not really suitable for anything really energetic with it's thick pile inner but great for mouching around the place and has side zips which open almost to the armpit for ventilation. I got it half price of ebay too.I plan to wear it up to the mountains tomorrow for some raquette (snowshoeing) with the family :)

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Arktis are in the dog house at the moment.

I want to order the OG windproof smock but can’t seem to find anyone on the net that sell it in OG, so I emailed Arktis to see if they can help by suggesting a supplier but have not heard anything from them.

I own well over a grand’s worth of there kit but I’m tempted to chucking it all in the bin.

A case of great products but crap customer care so :rant: them they have lost one customer here and I will not hesitate spreading the word to others that may be considering to purchase there kit.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

steven andrews

Settler
Mar 27, 2004
Jersey
You could buy an OG SASS smock.. take pics of you doing a moony while wearing it and send them to Arktis.

SASS

sassog2ui.jpg

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
One problem with that, I have owned a DPM one before and I did not get on with it and I don’t want to spend a 100 quid on the second best.

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
Adi Fiddler said:
Arktis are in the dog house at the moment.

I want to order the OG windproof smock but can’t seem to find anyone on the net that sell it in OG, so I emailed Arktis to see if they can help by suggesting a supplier but have not heard anything from them.

I own well over a grand’s worth of there kit but I’m tempted to chucking it all in the bin.

A case of great products but crap customer care so :rant: them they have lost one customer here and I will not hesitate spreading the word to others that may be considering to purchase there kit.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
I heard similar comments on another forum about their poor response to customer inquiries. But going on my own, I found them really helpful.

I brought their Mammouth Shirt half price on eBay, not even a normal retail outlet. It was an size L. I got it and was happy with it but it felt just a bit tight and I thought why not ask the question and emailed them asking if they would swap it out for a XL. They asked me where it came from (I assume because normally you would go back to the retailer with such a request) and I explained it fully. Without any hesitation they took the one I brought off eBay which I posted back and swapped it for the size I wanted.

Given where it came from I was honestly surprised but delighted that they were willing to do this.

I am not excusing how they treated you and I think they do tend to miss the single client, possibly whilst dealing with larger procurement with the Army and police forces etc. That is not on.

Just to be fair and give credit where credit is due.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
They have been very busy in recent months fulfilling orders for the services.

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Well I have used Arktis for both in Military and Law Enforcement work and liked it so have stuck with them over the years, as I have said I currently own over a grand’s worth of there products, I would hate to know how much a have shelled out on there products over the years.

It takes seconds to reply to an email, because they can’t be bothered they have lost me as a customer. I use mainly Black kit in my work nowadays and there are some great alternatives out there now, so be it.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
Hi chaps i am in the market for a new smock soon and have been looking at the Arktis 1012 : Kommando Parka or the sass kit karry anyone no if theres much difference between the to i have heard not but last time i mailed sass they could not get Olive green material that they were happy with and is there much between the to company's quality.

Mal

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE