Argos sale

Nat

Sep 4, 2007
York, North Yorkshire
Thats cheap. to go with the cheap and nastyness of pro Action!

Sorry, just had a pro action 65L rucksack bust on me on the first filling of my kit.

Might stand up to a bit of rain :)

Aug 4, 2005
Sunny South Wales.
Spotted this on the Argos web site

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3409172/Trail/searchtext%3ECAMPING.htm

not a big tent, no good if you over 6' but, for the money they make a great little back up:)

:thanks: for the good information. We bought a cheap Argos tent about three years ago and it is still going strong. Other people curse:aargh4: :cussing: :rant: the quality of Argos gear though...perhaps it depends on the mood of the people working in the factory on the day one's tent was manufactured.:dunno:Maybe we were just lucky.:D They have stoves in the sale too....you can never have too many stoves...:lmao:

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...=-1&catalogId=1500000701&productId=1500047521

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
i had one of these and gave it to a mate of mine - he's used it in rain and been fine, but the problem is condensation inside. i'm making him a tarp which he can put over the tent so he can leave the outer zip open a bit to let the moisture out. he loves it!
oh, and i'm 6' 4", and i can lay down in it fine!

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I have one of these tents, and like Gorilla says its condensation that can be a problem, but he has given the perfect alternative in pitching a tarp above it and leaving the outer door unzipped, thus having only the mesh part closed. Its like bivvying (sp) without the bugs! :rolleyes:

I once used used mine for a one nighter and it lashed it down in the early hours, but other than a little condensation (I didn't used the tarp method on this occasion) it held up just fine.

Certainly worth the money IMO. More info here http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=20181&highlight=pro+action+tent

ATB....Stu

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
just ordered one myself, at that price its rude not too :D
And hey, you can never have too much kit :rolleyes:

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
This is one item of kit I would deffinatly NOT reccomend.... actually I'd say leave well alone if it is likely to be windy and rainy. Karen had one for the moot this year and after the first heavy rain she was swimming in an inch of water (the ground sheet holds water well :)).

Big thank you to sargy for lending her a spare sleeping bag for the rest of the moot.

Ed

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
One thing i will say though, give it a coat of Thompsons weatherseal, I did this and it's never leaked once.

Thats what i did to karens..... How did you water proof the zip? That's where karens leaked the most as the zip baffle is way too small to do a propper job..... and if the wind changes direction so it is blowing the rain towards the door, the zip baffle does an excellent job of collecting water around the zip... a very bad design in my humble opinion.

Ed

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
Thats what i did to karens..... How did you water proof the zip? That's where karens leaked the most as the zip baffle is way too small to do a propper job..... and if the wind changes direction so it is blowing the rain towards the door, the zip baffle does an excellent job of collecting water around the zip... a very bad design in my humble opinion.

Ed

I actually put a tarp over it and left the door open :eek:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
To be honest, I bought mine to use as a storage tent, bergens, food and of course beer, plus it should keep the little furry critters of the night away from fresh grub

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
I usually end up crashed out next to the fire and the dog crawls into the tent and sleeps on top of my nice, clean, dry kit :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE