Are there any Leather shops in or near Glasgow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

baldscot

Tenderfoot
Nov 21, 2011
glasgow
there used to be a shop at glasgow cross (high st @ trongate), western style clothing if i remember right, sold lots of leather gear. Never been in the shop so can't comment much - the place just sprung to mind from passing it so often in car.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
would you happen to know if it was/is leather craft shop or a leather clothes shop mate? I'm looking to buy bits and pieces so I can carry on making things :)

It's just a leather clothes shop sadly...I went in there a few month back in the hope they might sell leather offcuts or know where I could get some. Sadly drew a blank on both counts.

I've even tried some of the crafts shops in the Glasgow area, even trying the big craft superstore place at The Fort, all to no avail. I know there's a few tanneries in the area but the ones I've contacted only seem to do trade or contract work.

Certainly be interested if there is anywhere in the area.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
It's just a leather clothes shop sadly...I went in there a few month back in the hope they might sell leather offcuts or know where I could get some. Sadly drew a blank on both counts.

I've even tried some of the crafts shops in the Glasgow area, even trying the big craft superstore place at The Fort, all to no avail. I know there's a few tanneries in the area but the ones I've contacted only seem to do trade or contract work.

Certainly be interested if there is anywhere in the area.

Yeah I figured the tanneries would be geared towards industry rather than craft scene. Man I really miss popping into le prevo lol. Looks like I'll be ordering online as I need some bits to finish off some projects

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
You might look for a saddlery. Even if they cain't or won't sell you leather per se, they should be able to point you in the right direction.

Apart from that you might have to mail order off the internet. tandy has a fair online catalog: www.tandyleatherfactory.com

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE