Are Jetboil burners interchangeable?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
I can’t find a definitive to this. I have a Jetboil Mini Mo, will the burner from that set fit onto the other Jetboil pots available ie the Flash, Zip and Micro Mo?

Ooops

May 11, 2017
Hants but currently in Oman
the backpacker Andrew Skura wrote
"The regulated MightMo stove is available as a standalone stove, and is the center piece of the MiniMo, MicroMo, and SUMO systems."

His quote can be found at
How to choose: Jetboil backpacking stoves || Zip v. Flash v. Mo v. Joule
https://andrewskurka.com/how-to-choose-jetboil-backpacking-stoves/

My assumption is that as the Mo's can simmer & cook whilst the others are food burning, water boiling flame throwers there are at least two types of burner in play

HTH

Reactions: S7eve

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
Yep...I’m aware the Zip & Flash are non regulated ‘Flame Throwers’ and the Mini Mo uses a stove that can be regulated. From the above comment my stove should therefor fit the Micro & Sumo pots But will it fit onto either the Flash or Zip pots which seem to be more the prevalent on the secondary market?

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
I’d need to check my flash pot in the loft but I don’t think the ‘notches’ are different on the pots or the burners across the years. My older titanium pot fits on the mini and micro mo style burner.

EDIT - I will check Sunday (off early to Tankfest AM) because second hand Sumo pots could be useful.

Last edited:
Reactions: S7eve

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
I have a Zip and a Sumo. It’s handy as my whole packed up Zip fits perfectly inside the Sumo giving me two carrying options.
My Zip burner also fits the Sumo cup perfectly. My Zip is also regulated, I seem to remember later ones were ?

Reactions: Ooops and nigelp

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
Ahh so hopefully the burner I have should fit all the cups in their range, Zip, Micro, Flash & Sumo. It would make sense as from pictures of each the notches seem to be in the same place and even on the larger diameter MiniMo pot the bottom of it tapers considerably to accommodate the burner.

Interesting that Jetboil don’t Market this point.....I guess they want people buying the whole sets rather than one burner and then purchasing multiple cup options.

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
On a side note...I see nigelp is off to Tankfest 2021....which looks like an amazing event, wish I’d known about it sooner....it’s a definite for next years diary.

mikehill

Settler
Nov 25, 2014
Warrington
Sorry should have explained better. One complete Zip system that I use on its own. If needed I drop that straight into a Sumo cup. Great on their own, or combined.

S7eve

Feb 3, 2021
West Sussex
I’m so jealous....I’ve been watching their promotional footage all day...it looks like an outstanding event. Definitely going next year....might even pull a sickie and try to go on a Monday?? :Dobviously not going to do that as by stating it would have admitted it online:finger:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE