Arcteryx Thorium AR Hoody in XXL

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Bought a couple of months ago of a member here and used only for dog walking on a couple of occasions. This was slightly too big for me when i bought it, but having dropped a good bit of weight it is now huge and I'm only selling it to replace with another that fits. It's not overkill to say that putting this jacket on when its cold is an almost sensual experience. I really can't praise it enough.

Because of the design it's difficult to accurately measure pit to pit, but i make it about 25" and wearing it over a hoody and my 45" chest, I reckon i have a good 4" spare before it is snug, so I'd say it would be more suited to someone in the region of a 48-50" chest.

The most accurate rendition of the colour is is in the first photo.

Here is the blurb from Arc'teryx

Arcteryx Thorium AR Hoody (Winter 2015)
The Arcteryx Thorium AR Hoody is a superb down jacket providing warmth and versatility on cold days. The Thorium can be used as a super warm midlayer or as a lighter outer jacket, an ideal choice for any mountain sport. Filled with the finest quality 750 Fill Power (EU) European goose down that is enhanced with Coreloft insulation in vulnerable areas, ensuring consistent warmth. The Thorium has an athletic fit and features a close fitting Storm hood ensuring protection in the coldest weather. Elasticated cuffs and drawcord hem seal the jacket from icy drafts.

Down Fill Power Explained

Arcteryx use Down Composite mapping (DCM) in the Thorium Hoody. DCM is where Coreloft synthetic insulation is used instead of down in areas prone to moisture - the hood, collar, chin and cuffs. These areas are also prone to down migration. The use of Coreloft eliminates this problem as it remains static within the jacket. Down is then used throughout the body and arms where warmth is required the most. A well thought out jacket that will serve you well on a cold mountain.

Arcteryx Thorium AR Hoody Features
750 fill European goose down
Coreloft synthetic insulation
Down Composite Mapping
DWR finish (Durable Water Repellent)
Insulated Storm Hood
Front zip with chin guard and wind flap
Elastic cuffs
Adjustable hem drawcord
Two hand pockets with zippers
Includes stuff sack

I'm looking for £110 PayPalled and posted insured and Signed for to your door please.

Thanks for looking. :) And now SOLD

Last edited:

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Shameless Good Friday bump for this. There must be some big lads out there Please help me not start eating pies again just to justify keeping it. :yikes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE