Apple Wood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
I have unfortunately had to cut down an old apple tree that died over the winter. Sad, as it always used to produce a good crop of Bramley apples each year. Counting the rings suggests that it was 30-35 years old.

I don't know much about wood, so I don't know whether apple wood is 'desirable' or if anyone would want it (I'm going to keep a fair bit for myself) but if anyone is interested in some pieces of apple wood (probably for carving) then I'll post some pictures of what I have available.

The wood seems to be fairly well dried out (bark is falling off it now), but doesn't seem to be rotten. I'm happy to post out smallish pieces (postage costs for large lumps are likely to be prohibitive but I can check).

I'd be after any bushcraft items in exchange: items, books, resources. At the moment, I'm particularly looking for a traditional flint and firesteel. Given that I don't know much about wood, I'd be happy to send pieces out and if you get it and find it to be useless then I can send another bit or we can call off the swap.

Geoff

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE