anyone used one of these before?

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Yes. My two young nephews each have one. Real sturdy good quality knives; cheap and cheerful...
I'm not much into knives, so take my opinion for what it is, but I think they are top value for the money.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Read the review I wrote :)
Just search the front page reviews or type "hultafors knives" into the search and it should come up :)

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I have this one and it is chunky & strong. Good carbon steel and to my untrained eye it appears to have a convex grind instead of a flat scandi. Good for heavy work, batoning etc.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hultafors-Craftmans-Knife-Heavy-duty-HULGK/dp/B004O9MIE4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1314521000&sr=8-1[/url]
brilliant thankyou :) I'll probably get on of these if they are thought of so well. Compared to Moras how do people find them?

Read the review I wrote :)
Just search the front page reviews or type "hultafors knives" into the search and it should come up :)
Sorry john i cant seem to find that review, could i have a link please?

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
I have had mine out today I used it for roughing out a spoon which it did well but as anticipated it was no good for finer work don't get me wrong It got to a useable spoon level but this one was a "fancy one " as requested by my 12 year old daughter.I always move to a carving knife for finishing anyway so no change there
I was able to choke up on the blade but at present I think the guard is gonna go
It carried out other camp chores well like making pegs,clearing ground of light growth and cutting paracord lol
It is sharp straight out of the box as you would expect
Other people have said they like the sheath or at least prefer it to Mora ones but I don't particularly although it does the job fine
I really want to use it for batoning but I am not going to do that unless I need to so that will have to wait till the weekend.
I really like it and may get another at that price
If I do take the guard off it will be getting a leather sheath anyway.
I predict they will modify this knife and aim it firmly at the Bushcraft /woodland market and put up the price as well

Just got mine through the post this morning- arrived shaving sharp (big bald batches on my arm to prove it) and fast delivery from Amazon, it took less than a week.
P010911_2258.jpg

Mostly i was surprised at how chunky it was- the blade was the same length as the Mora, but much wider and thicker. And the handle seems huge! But i suppose this could be a good thing for folks with larger hands, mine are pretty small.
P010911_2233.jpg

P010911_2234_01.jpg

Nothing wrong with the sheath- plastic but a good design [right handed only] and a simple sturdy clip to attach it to a belt. I prefer this clip to just threading it on, as you can take it off much more easily

P010911_2235.jpg

My first impression of this knife: it seems well made and robust. Nothing fancy, but definitely worth the £7.30 i paid for it! I'll be taking it to the woods in the next week to see how it fares.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE