Anyone recommend a reliable online source for raw honey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
As the title, I am looking for a source of good quality, reasonably priced raw honey.

I'm not in a position to travel much at the mo so would like to find somewhere I can order from.

Any ideas?

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Hi guys,

I'm trying to find a local source at the mo but coming up a little short for my area for a consistent supply.

Red you will have to bear with me as my knowledge is quite limited, I want to make traditional mead and although I know I can use off the shelf honey I really want to use as natural as possible (not treated/added to/pasteurised etc...).
I'm guessing that extracted raw would be the liquid form which would be ideal, amounts wise about the 4lb mark.

Atb, Hamster

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hammock,

I may be able to oblige as I'm extracting next week...postage would make it dearer of course, and our honey is wild forage (not moved onto farm crops, rape etc. or heather but entirely natural single position). Postage would bump up the price sadly to our "cottage gate" price but you aren't asking for anything outrageous there (comb honey is much more costly as the bees have to keep re-building the comb which reduces honey yield).

Many beekeepers use heat treatment to stop honey crystalising, or to produce "creamed" honey etc. so it would be worth discussing with a local beekeeper your wishes, they should be able to oblige. If you can't get sorted though, drop me a PM next week and if I have any excess, I'll sort you out with hand extracted honey which has nothing more done to it than being uncapped, hand spun from the comb and run through a filter to remove comb and bee bits!

Red

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
Thanks red thats very kind of you and I completely understand r.e postage and whether you have enough excess.

I will drop you a pm if I don't get any joy within the next week.

All the best, Hamster

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No worries - I'll post up a bunch of pictures of honey extraction on my beekeeping thread and you can see how we do it - we are still learning about our bees (although we have succeeded in breeding new colonies and replacement queens this year which is a huge plus for us). We have been surprised at the demand for our products so far (pleasantly) in what started as part of our self sufficiency impetus - we could sell all our excess wax, honey, comb and propolis several times over. We have added a hive this year (with bees we bred ourselves) and may well increase again in future years. Anyway - we'll bung some pictures up on the beekeeping thread here when we do it

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95267

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE