Anyone play pathfinder RPG?

Idleknight

Forager
Aug 14, 2013
United Kingdom, Near Hinckley
Only a little bit, more of an old school D&D guy here
How old are your kids?
I'm getting mine into board games and things like fluxx (especially if they can be taken camping)
I was thinking about getting them into RPGs later

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
Im in to 2nd Edit AD&D myself,

however my brother prefers pathfinder over 3rd Ed D&D, and my nephews have got in to pathfinder, much better rules, nephew is 12, to give you an idea.

AL

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
13,15 and a couple of friends so not too young.

I used to be really into D&D and got a load of first edition stuff together and we've played that a bit, I was reading some stuff online which pointed me to the pathfinder stuff and I downloaded some stuff and it seems ok, it's easy going enough for me to play in the early D&D style but with some of the later rules.

My aim is to create something that we can play a few times a year, just pick up where we left off. I was thinking of shifting to 2nd Edition but not too worried if pathfinder is good enough.

neoaliphant

Settler
Aug 24, 2009
Somerset
13,15 and a couple of friends so not too young.

I used to be really into D&D and got a load of first edition stuff together and we've played that a bit, I was reading some stuff online which pointed me to the pathfinder stuff and I downloaded some stuff and it seems ok, it's easy going enough for me to play in the early D&D style but with some of the later rules.

My aim is to create something that we can play a few times a year, just pick up where we left off. I was thinking of shifting to 2nd Edition but not too worried if pathfinder is good enough.

Main reason I stick with 2nd Ed is I have a bookshelf full of 2nd Ed books, when my brother moved to US he had to start from fresh so he went with Pathfinder, Im used to 1st/2nd Ed as have been playing it for 31 out of my 38 years so im not changing now. If your players will be starting from fresh, I would defiantely recommend Pathfinder. There will be lots of apps available on iphone/android for pathfinder as well which will help.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE