Anyone out there make leather waistcoats

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Hi All

Now being fed up with not being able to find what i want :aargh4:, is there anybody out there in BCUK land that makes or can make leather waistcoats?
If so i would be really interested in having one made.

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated. :thanks:

Cheers Trooper

I know how you feel when you want custom stuff that no one else sells. Kind of why I took up leather working. But sadly I am not that good yet to be able to make leather waistcoats.

There are plenty of people on here that make their own stuff such as Eric_Methven & Wayland, they maybe able to advise on how to make one.

Would be interested though to see the final result if you do get one made. :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
good idea, I'd love to see some results! I have some leather waist coats and they were pretty expensive, £50+ for a nice thick one in the style I wanted from america.

I'd totally go for a thick leather, bit stiff but super hard wearing!

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
British Red posted a pic of a nice one recently, not sure who made it for him though, I'll try to find the post.

Found it...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91249&p=1100460#post1100460

5181249009_bd15d0e89b.jpg

Sadly it is a one off, maybe give you some ideas though. :)

Last edited:

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
looks lovely, I wonder how much something of that quality and design would cost?

TROOPER

Aug 17, 2009
essex
Cheers guys

It's a superb waist coat, but a bit too heavy for what i had in mind, I have a hand made full length Heavy lined leather jerkin for full on stuff, wanted a light waistcoat for everyday use, i'll try and find some pics of what i have in mind. :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE