Anyone know where to source subdued colour survival bags?

Mr Cake

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
my house
I need about a dozen large plastic bags of a similar size and durability to the normally orange survival bags but in a subdued colour eg black, blue, dark green etc. Clear will do at a push. Cheap as possible too please.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Mr Cake

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
my house
Making up some 'survival packs' for rough sleepers to tide them over until the charity I work for can find them somewhere to stay.

jonajuna

Banned
Jul 12, 2008
s
Making up some 'survival packs' for rough sleepers to tide them over until the charity I work for can find them somewhere to stay.

not really answering your question, but related to the task you have in hand......

have a word (if not done so already) with the youth dept of your local councils.

they tend to have stocks of sleeping bags etc that they hire out to youth groups and the like

its the new financial year so they may well have replaced their stocks to use up any underspend of cash

we just got given 35 of the things (couldnt move in my office til i managed to ship them out to other orgs)

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Cant realy offer any help but i'm not sure how good you'll find those bags - I tried one and if I wasn't cold because i couldn't get it to fit me right i was wet and cold because I'd sweated so much in it - if your using it as a sleeping bag cover it should do alright thought

Mr Cake

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
my house
They are indeed for sleeping bag covers in inclement weather - they have to be subdued colours as being highly visible is not a good survival tactic if you're sleeping rough.

Thanks for the suggestion of contacting the local council for sleeping bags. I'll give it a try.

Next thing is finding small wash kits.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE