anyone know where i can get a traditional billy can?

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
hi all -
just a simple question!
i'm looking for a normal billy can with a lid, 6-8 litres in size, for cooking stews etc over the old campfire!
i've searched ebay and a couple of camping websites, but they seem to be hard to find unless i want to pay £30-40 for a set, and i already have the saucepans and kettle.
if anyone knows a website or a shop in the merseyside area where i can buy one on its own i'd be really grateful!
thanks

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Hi Gorilla

You're best bet is to wait until mid August then get in touch with Cullinox and see if they have the 16cm zebra billy in stock (this was the time period I was quoted for expected stock). There is literally a complete drought on the web for these Billy's and I think most would agree that they are the pots of choice!

Regards

Silverback (no relation ;) )

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
Try ikea they have huge pots for dirt cheap. Its been ages since i got mine and my memory fails me as to exactly how much it was, I seem to remember it being about £10-£15.
Hope you find one
Greg

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
Can't you just buy a big alu-pot in a charity shop and make a hanger for it? Next to free, it's gonna get dirty and sooty anyway.. Pots take up null space anyway, since you can store stuff in them.

Anyway, the bay-link in the latest post seemed like good value.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE